Dilemma

"I think this is going to be an interesting dinner.
Glue girl, Mr. Trouble maker, Mr. Complicated feelings ,  plus Mr. prospective fiance are all here. Life couldn't be more exciting." your brother whispered to you with a wink as he give the signal to the butler to open the door to the dining room before you could open your mouth.

You saw, Shuichi and Justin already seated beside Maya. Her hand touching your favorite red head's arm and her head leaning on his shoulders. Something break inside you though you tried your best not to show it.

Alen was sitting alone on the other side of the table in front of Shuichi. The men stood up to greet you and you introduce everyone formally to each other. You sit in between your brother and Alen, facing Maya.

"Oh (Y/N) great timing! I was just commenting how beautiful your mansion is and how lucky you are to be adopted here!" the girl who's acting to be your closest friend after meeting you in less than 24 hours was blabbering. There was an awkward pause after. It also sounds like she emphasized the word adopted without being too obvious.

"I'm not surprised you knew that information about my sister even on your first day of school. She is quite popular everywhere she goes that's why many people like to know every details they can get about her. Both of us were adopted. I can say we are indeed blessed." your brother said with a smile.

"Uhm, sorry everyone, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Like OMG, who doesn't want to get adopted in a household like this?"

"Of course you didn't mean it, I can't imagine anyone can say something bad about a perfect girl like (Y/N), she's the most amazing woman I've ever met." Alen spoke all of a sudden, his eyes directed towards you. You look back at him and he smiled. It seems to comfort you in a way. You caught Shuichi's eyes looking at Alen and you then Maya grab his attention by poking his cheek.

After everyone has settled down, Van snap his fingers and butlers entered the room in a line. They were all carrying trays and dishes which they proceed to place on the table and serve each of you. Maya was smiling and giggling  the entire time. Then she would nudge Shuichi playfully beside her. Is this girl for real?

"Everyone, please enjoy the food. Sorry mom could not make it. She suddenly had an emergency meeting." your brother said to the guests.

"Do you guys only hire handsome and pretty servants here? I noticed everyone looks great." Maya ask looking at your brother.

"Well, that's just a bonus. We look for the bests in their fields. We also don't refer to them as servants coz we treat them like family." Van replied.

"Family? I wouldn't like to think of hunks like them as my family. I prefer to treat them as best friends..hahaha But still nothing beat Shuichi in all aspects of a man " Maya said laughing to herself and giving him a light squeeze on the hand. You look at his reaction but he doesn't seem to mind. What do they think they're doing? Your chest tightened like how she tightened her grip to his arms. What is this feeling? I don't like it. You thought to yourself.

Still looking at the unbelievable girl, you heard Alen said "Let me get you your favorite." as he proceeded to put a slice of the dish you always love on your plate. You gave him a surprise look."Of course I remember. This has been your favorite ever since we were kids. I always cherish our memories together." he sweetly said.

"Oh my! You are childhood sweethearts just like me and my Shuichi! You look good together" Maya exclaimed.You did everything you can just to stop yourself from showing any obvious reaction to her statement as you notice green emerald eyes glued on you. You felt your ears turned warm. Is he examining my reaction? Does he even care?

A soft cloth was gently brushed on your cheeks and you turned to see Alen wiping something away from your face. "You have sauce on your cheek." he said and smiled. He then turned to Maya to answer "We are truly childhood friends, but I am hoping we can be sweethearts if she permits."