Chapter 2: Confusion

That night you were dreaming. You are running and calling Shuichi's name while he slowly walks away from you. As he turn his head back towards you, darkness slowly envelopes him and you tried to reach him, just a few inches away, but you woke up before being able to touch him.

"Haah!" You exclaimed as you raised up from your bed. " What a weird dream and to make it worst why did I dream about my school mate? I bet it's some kind of a warning so I better stay away from him."

Morning came and you were not able to sleep again after walking up from that dream so you feel a little bit exhausted due to lack of sleep. One of your house help, Emilia reminded you that your brother left earlier to school because he needs to attend basketball practice.

As you drove closer to the parking lot of your school, you've noticed that your eye color is slowly turning from green to bloody red. It's unusual for you to have the blood-red eyes except when you have a sudden rush of strong emotion.

You entered your classroom and saw few students already inside, one of them was Shuichi your seat mate who was seriously reading a book when you came.

"Is this guy for real? Reading school book this early? I guess that makes him the number one school nerd." You thought as you sat beside him.

He turned his attention from the book towards you and said, "Good morning Miss (Y/N). I am aware that you are informed that I was assigned to be your student guide for a few months as to assist you with your transition with our school. This assignment has been extended by our school principal in coordination with yours. Also the department of education gave us, the chosen student guides a checklist of the things we need to accomplish." Shuichi explained after yo settled down on your seat.

"Yeah, yeah." You answered without even looking at him. You remembered your dream that kept you awake all night and somehow you felt a little annoyed because of this. You intend to keep your distance from him.

He then placed a sheet of paper in front of you saying that it's the checklist he mentioned earlier. He said he intends to do three of the items on the list today.

First is a tour around the school, 2nd is answering questions about the school subjects and 3rd lending notes and pointers as a guide about the lessons from previous classes.

"Don't bother" you said. "Just check everything you want and were done." You added.

"I am afraid we can't do that." Shuichi said.

"Why? First of all I already know my way around the school, second I don't have any questions about the school subject and third I'll just photo copy the teacher's lesson plans from the very beginning and that's it! I know your very busy maintaining your grades so just do your thing." You rebutted without letting him say anything.

Students suddenly entered the room saying the teacher is coming. After the teacher do the roll call he mentioned to the class that all the new transferred students including you and Sayaka were being assisted by student guides.

It's Shuichi for you and Yu-Kaito for Sayaka. He wanted to make sure that everyone understands the new policy and changes in the school.

......................................

Few hours passed and you started to feel sleepy since you stayed up all morning after the weird dream you had. You can't barely keep your eyes open and the teacher's voice is so monotone you feel so bored. You pretended to listen to the lecture while you covered your face from the teacher's view using the book being discussed.

You placed a hand under your chin and tried to take a nap. After all you already know the story your teacher is talking about. Few minutes passed and you were awaken by Shuichi's voice. " Ms (Y/N), the teacher asked you a question." He whispered to you trying not to be obvious as possible. You immediately stood up. You were caught off guard by your teacher.