Grounded

"I can't believe you are skipping group project to hang out with guys now?!" your mom stated with pure disappointment in her eyes. She was touching her forehead as if she's getting a terrible headache.

"I think I made the right decision to go on a surprise visit and check on you while dad is still busy." She sadly said.

"I can explain mom!" You tried to speak, but you didn't even know what to say. You knew it was your fault for hanging out with guys you barely knew. And for running like a  mad girl which you now thought was a bit foolish. You also dare not tell her that you skip doing group project just to talk to a guy after school. That really doesn't sound right at all.

"It's my fault. It's not as bad as it seems but I'm really sorry." That's all you can say after your recalled everything that happened in your mind.

"You are grounded!" The only sentence that registered in your brain after a long sermon from your mom. You can't blame her. It's the first time you disappointed her after convincing your parents to live far away from them.

You silently entered your room. What a coincidence that when you are about to bid goodbye to Justin and Shane, your two classmates earlier, that your mom drove by and saw the three of you exiting the car in a place where adults hang out after work.

Your driver also confirmed to your mom what you told him, that you are going to do a group project with a male and female classmate.

It was all Shuichi's fault, you thought. If it wasn't for him asking you to talk and for suddenly making out with that girl you wouldn't run away like a fool. Or was it really his fault or yours? Your thoughts were interrupted by a sudden knock on your door.

"Hey it's me." you recognized your brother's voice instantly. You told him to come in and you saw the worried look on his face the moment he appeared. You know he already heard the situation.

"I'm sorry I'm not around to cover up for you, but don't worry I'll convince our parents to let you off the hook soon." he smiled trying to encourage you. You chatted a bit about some of the occasional disobedience you and your bro use to do behind your parents back and how you both escape punishment. You were perfect kids in their eyes. Reminiscing those moments cheered you up.

You told him everything that happened but making an excuse that you were pissed off with Shuichi for making you wait because he has a date in the corridor.

"Wow, I didn't know he has the guts to do that in school. That boy surely is a competition!" he commented. You felt a bit of pain inside hearing those statement from your brother. You unconsciously grip the teddy bear you were holding tightly.

"Are you sure you were pissed off for waiting and not for another reason?" He asked you raising an eyebrow.

"Like what?" you ask not getting what he meant.

"Jealousy? Like you thought he is going to proposed his undying love for you but someone snatched him?" he grinned like a kid bully before the teddy bear hit his face.

"Relax, I'm just joking! Well just half... You know jokes are half meant" He said trying to shield himself from the upcoming pillows thrown to his direction. "Also, I quit working in our company and found a new job.. As a detective.. So I need to move out soon." he revealed.

####_____####

Later that afternoon, you over heard your mom talking to someone on the phone. "Yes, let the boy come tomorrow we will pick him up..... pause.... I'll also get in touch with his parents... long pause...  after this call.. Yes...longer pause... Yes. Thank you Mr. Tanaka. Have a great afternoon" then she hang up.