Chapter 13: Running Towards the Alley Together

Start from the beginning

"We'll see whose pond it is today," I say in a hushed voice, looking at the front through the bushes.

"You think the string we tide is strong enough?" brat asks, looking at me.

"Yes, I checked it. Let's hope our plan works fine."

We tied one end of a thin wire to a tree near the pond and the other end is with us. The wire lies on the ground, we covered it with dirt so that our target can't see it. The plan is that when the three of the kids who were the reason behind our friendship, however, they still needed to learn their lesson for almost attacking an innocent girl.

Yes, I admit that I'm not exactly an innocent child before you start accusing but a very evil one. And I kind of like being evil, suits me best. But it was still wrong of them to stand three against one and also to claim the pond!

So when the kids will reach to the edge of the pond, that we have lined, we'll pull up the string in our hands.

"Okay, they are near! Hold the string tight and on the count of three pull it and keep a firm hold," he says with excitement and I nod. We both grip the wire tightly.

"1... 2.... "

"3 PULL!!" and we both pulled the wire. The wire flew just a little above the ground level and halted in mid-air. The three kids were nearing the pond before they could even notice the string they hit the wire just above their ankle and strike down into the pond and a sound of splash echoes.

Brat and I high five on our victory and walk towards them.

"This is for claiming the pond by illegal means." says brat, pointing towards them in the pond. The three of them are drenched in water and working to cure their breaths by the sudden collision with water. Before they get out and drench us too, we both ran out of the place with our hands entwined together.

"That was fun!" he says to me with a smile on his face when we stop at a place which is far from their reach, we are panting hard from running this far.

"We should do it again!" I exclaim with excitement.

"Yes but maybe next time with someone else." he winks at me.

~~~

"Come on hurry up! The customers are waiting!" Shouts the manager at me. I'm all irked, right now my boss/manager/Samuel is making me work an extra hour without a penny to pay for it, to teach me a lesson about 'not to barge into others house in the middle of the night' and I... well, I'm paying my punishment. He knows I can't say anything to him in front of so many people as he is my so-called BOSS so I've to keep this up unfortunately but I'll certainly get him after this.

I know that I considered working for him an extra hour for free but... There is always a difference between what you think and what you do!

As the hour passed, I heave a sigh of relief and went back to my locker to get my things. I bid my goodbye to everyone on the staff except for my boss because you know the reason, I'm pissed at him. I thought he wouldn't mean what he said but he actually made me work! Well maybe I deserved that bit of a punishment but he didn't have to make me do it to actually make me realize.

I entered my house and went straight to my room after refreshing up I came downstairs and passed some of my time talking with Aunt Anna. She's a busy woman who works as an editor in a well-known magazine, no wonder she always has so many books and papers around the living room. She tells me about her interests, her likes, and dislikes and it was good knowing her, it felt like I can somehow help her release tension this way. She never fails to tell me every time that it felt good seeing someone from the town after a long time.