2 | Cecilia's Wolf

Jackson

I had been pretending to be Cecilia's dog for a month.  Eli was getting impatient, but he was letting me be, trusting that I would return to the pack soon to resume my beta duties.  I'd left Mason in charge of my job while I sorted things out here. 

    Eli had taken the first conversation relatively well, although he had laughed at the fact that someone actually bought me. 

    *Flashback*

    Eli, I might be a little late coming home, I sent through our connection as I leaned up against my mate.  We were still outside and she was scratching my ears.  It felt so amazing that I was willing to ignore the baby talk she was adding on top of it.  Not only was it like getting a massage, but the tingles from my mate's touch were even more amazing.

    What did you do now? Eli asked, sounding slightly distracted.  There can't be much that you can get up to in a dog pound.  I just sent Mason after you.

    I found my mate, I replied, pride soaring through me as Cecilia leaned down to kiss the top of my head without stopping her consistent massage. 

    You can't bring her here? Eli asked in confusion.

    I tackled Cecilia, making her giggle and I smiled inside at the sound.  Licking her face, I climbed off her and replied to Eli.  Not right now.  Man, she's human and she thinks that I'm her new dog.

    Are you telling me that not only did you get caught by animal control, but someone adopted your ass? Eli asked me, the disbelief and beginnings of laughter clear in his voice. 

    I sighed, not wanting to growl at him and scare Cecilia.  Yes.

    I could feel Eli's obvious amusement through the link and I got a quick picture of him rolling on the floor in his office in laughter.  He had found his mate a year ago and she was the perfect Luna.  She was raised for it after all, being the daughter of an alpha that ran a pack nearby us.  We had an alliance with them now, Eli meeting Alice when he went to set it all up.  She's really sweet, but she's definitely got a temper when someone messes with Eli or the pack.

    Shut up! I growled, making sure the sound wasn't legible to Cecilia.  I'm going to wait for the right time to show her and tell her about us.  See if Mason can fill in for me for a little while.

    Mason was a good friend of mine and Eli's and I trusted him to take over my position for a little while until I could bring Cecilia home.

    Alright, Eli conceded.  I'll call him now and tell him that you're out of the pound so he can get back here.  Don't stay gone too long, Jackson.  Mason doesn't have the skill to hold your position for more than a few weeks.

    *End Flashback*

    The month had been enlightening when it came to learning about Cecilia.  She's seventeen, not sixteen like I had originally thought when I first saw her.  She had a heart of gold and cared a lot about her friends.  She was always looking out for them, even though they're some pretty strange characters.   She also has an amazing sense of humor and loves to laugh and play. 

    She wasn't afraid to tell me all kinds of things, thinking that I'm just her dog.  When we lay down to sleep at night, she talked until she fell asleep.  It helps to relax her and I have learned a great portion of what I know about her in those thirty minutes or so each night before she falls asleep.  She has told me all kinds of things about her childhood, her parents, and her friends.   I loved getting to know her this way, how open she was, but I also felt slightly guilty.  Would she be this forthcoming if she knew the truth?