Red eyes watching

Charlie's P.O.V

He sighed as he slammed his pen down on his desk. He had been working all night again because of some animal attacks in the woods. They have been getting closer to town lately. He was about halfway done when he decided to call it a night. Bella and Sue warned him not to work too much.

He got up grabbing his jacket and turned the light on his desk off. He walked outside taking in the fresh air shivering a little from the cold as he quickly took out his keys unlocking the door of his police cruiser. He got in starting the carand drove home on the almost empty road unknowing of the red eyes following him.

After a while of driving he arrived home seeing Sue standing at the front door with her arms crossed. "Oh boy..." He turned off his car and got out smiling sheepishly at her. "Hey Sue I was gon-" He got cut off by Sue. "You promised me you would be home by six tonight. It's nine right now. Do you know how worried i was. What if you were the next victim?" She was a bit frustrated as he, yet again, came home later then he said.

Walking up the steps towards her he wrapped his arms around her pulling her close. "I'm sorry. I really try to come home early." He sighed. "The animal attacks have been getting more frequent lately. The paperwork keeps piling up." For a moment he thought about the paperwork that would add to his current pile tomorrow but shook that thought as he didnt want to think about work now that he was home. Pulling back he looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "How long have you been standing out here? It's freezing. Let's go inside." He guided her insideas she leaned against him. "I'll go heat dinner up." She smiled as she hung up her coat and took of her shoes before walking to the kitchen. Turning on the stove she stirred the content in the pot so the bottom wouldnt burn. Charlie sat down at the kitchen table after grabbing a beer from the fridge and drank it slowly.

Jane's P.O.V

She sighed angrily as she stood at the tree line watching Charlie. She was pissed that she was stuck with this job. Normally Felix or Demetri were send out to watch over vampires or humans. What went through Aro's mind when he send her out was unknown to her. She snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of a car starting and looked at the police cruiser leaving the police station. She followed the car to the house at a safe distant.

By now the Cullens should have known she was there but she hasnt seen any of them. The wolves werent anywhere near either. This surprised her.
She watched from the trees in front if the Swan household. She waited for a while and saw the lights downstairs turn off and the lights upstairs turn on. She watched the window of the bedroom listening to their conversation.

Charlie's P.O.V

After he finished eating dinner he helped Sue with the dishes. It was the least he could do after worrying her so much. "Get some rest. I'll finish up here." Nudging him gently with her elbow to leave the cleaning to her. He chuckled and put his hands up walking out of the kitchen. He walked upstairs taking a quick shower, brushing his teeth and changed into his pajama's. He walked out of the bathroom into the bedroom to see Sue already in their bedroom just as she pulled her shirt down. They climbed into bed together after turnig the lights off slowly dozing off.

Jane's P.O.V

She walked out of the tree line quietly getting into the house. She roamed around the house for a little while. The interior wasnt really her taste but she wasnt going to be there for a long time anyway. She walked upstairs going inside the bedroom Charlie and Sue were sleeping in watching them with slight interest. Sue turned in her sleep with Jane following their every movement. She moved closer to Charlie tempted to bite him when she moved back feeling a sudden presence.

She turned around her expression not changing one bit as she saw Bella looking at her with a look that could kill.
"Isabella Cullen. Ofcourse."
She thought as she was pulled outside quickly. Right now Bella was still stronger then her and her powers also stood no chance against her. Bella shoved her into the woods glaring at her. "What a pleasant surprise." She said as she dusted off her clothes. "Why are you here?" Bella growled at her getting staright to the point. "That is a good question." She smirked at Bella as she hissed at her. "Rest assured. I'm not here to kill him. After the night is over im going back home."

Ofcourse Bella disnt believe a word she said. She was close to biting Charlie so Bella couldnt just leave her be. She stayed there all night to keep a close eye on her.
Jane smirked enjoying the fact that she got under Bella's skin. She watched the house as Bella's eyes watched her like a hawk.
Charlie and Sue were peacefully sleeping unaware of the two vampires outside the house.

Jane just did the job she was assigned to not wanting to get into an unnecessary conflict. When the sun came up Jane looked over at Bella for a moment to see her still watching her. "Ill be taking my leave now." She turned and walked into the woods not waiting for a response.

Bella stayed outside the house until Charlie and Sue were awake before ringing the bell. She was going to visit them anyways. She made her way inside and made sure there were no other vampires in the house.