Chapter 28

The room I'm ushered into by an uptight assistant is stark white, so much so I feel that I have to squint while my eyes adjust to the brightness.

"You can sit there." He informs me by pointing to an armchair in the corner of the room. "Mr Weston has asked that I fetch you a tea." He comments with an over exaggerated eye roll. "So I'll be back shortly." He doesn't wait for my response as he stomps towards the exit.

"Thanks." I yell brightly as he lets the door slam behind him.

The room is empty, but there are lots of lights and backdrops placed around the room. I wander slowly around the studio seeing all of the various props. There is a gym layout with a bench and weights spread across the floor. But, then to the left is a pretend window looking out on the London city skyline with a leather sofa placed directly in front of it. Further round is a modern high gloss kitchen.

I snort with surprised laughter at the thought of whether the photographer will be able to make Daniel appear that he knows what he's doing in the kitchen.

The last area which has been set up is a luxurious bedroom. Now, he knows what he's doing in there, I think. I immediately feel the blush rise on my cheeks as my fingertips glide over the grey silk sheets.

"Ms Cooper?" A deep male voice speaks from behind me.

I spin round, almost tripping over the foot of the bed in the process. I feel like I have been caught in the recess of my dirty mind, and know that I must be an attractive shade of beetroot by now.

"I'm sorry if I startled you." The man says in a soft Italian accent.

Finally, I look up at him. His mop of black hair hangs down almost to his shoulders. He roughly pulls it back into a ponytail as his catlike eyes study me carefully.

"Hi. Please call me Lizzie. I was just admiring the staging. I've never been to a photo shoot before." I try to offer as an explanation.

"I'm Luca, the photographer today. Daniel is a true professional, so you're about to see some magic happen." He exclaims dramatically. "He's nearly ready, so please take your seat." He gestures at the armchair as he begins to walk towards his camera. "Oh, and honey, by the look that was just on your face when you were lost in thought... I'm guessing he knows just how to make the magic happen at home too." He winks at me before turning his attention fully to his very expensive looking camera.

I stare at the back of his head with my mouth open in shock. The shades of my cheeks must be a deep purple by the burning sensation I feel.

Thankfully, the door bursts open when the assistant returns with my tea. To ensure I don't have to make eye contact with Luca again, I rush to gratefully accept the tea.

I quickly take my seat at the back of the room. I pull out my laptop and log onto the WiFi, so I can at least pretend to do some work.

Fifteen minutes later and a team of about four people step into the room.

"He's ready." One of the women comments. I notice a bag attached to her waist with countless make up brushes.

Behind them Daniel enters the room wearing a full black three piece suit, including a grey tie. His hair is slicked into soft controlled waves. He looks divine.

His eyes immediately meet mine, and he strides towards me. He leans on both sides of the armchair, pinning me in place as he lowers himself to kiss me softly on the lips.

"I've never seen you in a tie." I say as it's the first thing that comes into my head that wouldn't involve me telling him that he looks good enough to eat in front of a room full of people.