With everyone else, he blended in. It was easy to do once puberty hit them. It hit all of them like a truck. His friends became much more handsome than before and caught the attention of many. Jimin of course grew handsome too, but he decided not to let it seem evident.

Jimin watched as people approach his friends, watched them be admired, watched them receive gift and confessions. Seokjin even went to an all boys school yet he still received chocolate on Valentines Day. He even got 16 roses once. 

It was fine. As long as he didn't stand out.

It wasn't till high school that realized these people weren't interested in his friends as people, they only saw them as unattainable objects. He overheard conversations in the bathroom. His friends were kind of like idols. Dating one of them would apparently raise their status, would make them seem cool. And everyone wanted a piece of them. Their confessions weren't real. None of them truly took the time to get to know his friends. All of them just mumbled "Handsome, handsome" over and over again. Some would even bet on who could get them to bed first.

It was sickening.

No one cared about their precious hearts.

There was one guy that made him snap. Choi Min-ho. A third year. He was too close to Taehyung. Hung around him too much, touched him too much. At first Jimin managed to ignore him, because Taehyung seemed to like his presence. 

Then he heard Min-ho talking with others in the hallway. His true intentions were rotten. Jimin had never been more mad. He decided that Min-ho and Tae needed to separate.

It was too easy. One little "I'm your fan", a few smiles, a few simple touches, one invitation to his dance competition. 

Min-ho forgot all about Tae.

Jimin noticed how easily it was to sway people when he wanted to. His smile did most of the work, his aegyo killed them, his dancing trapped them.

Once they confessed, Jimin would reject them lightly, saying he never thought of them as more than a friend and was not interested in dating at the moment. They never complained. They couldn't when he thanked them so earnestly for liking him.

He never really felt bad about it all because he wasn't going to date anyone from the beginning, the idea of him dating them was just all a delusional thought in his head. He never mentioned anything of the sort. He just needed his friends anyway, not some boyfriend/girlfriend who was easily swayed by good looks. 

Then the realization that eventually they would all leave him came when Da-won-Noona started dating. She didn't pay attention to him. She wouldn't look his way when the boyfriend came over. She didn't ask him about his day nor whether he was okay or not like she usually did. 

Jimin snapped.

He didn't feel guilty breaking them apart. Her ex-boyfriend gave in too easily. He didn't deserve her one bit if he had been so easily swayed by Jimin's charm.

Things got difficult at home again. His father started noticing him again. Started beating him again, saying that all he had to do was "beat that pretty face" of his so that is wasn't so pretty anymore. Then he wouldn't "feel like some faggot".

It had also occurred to his father that not feeding him would also do good damage. He was lacking energy so much that he had to drop out of dance during his last year because he would faint from the simplest move.

Then the general came. 

It had hurt. It had hurt seeing his father give him away so easily, as if they didn't have any blood that tied them. Despite everything, his father was his father.