ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ.

"Alright, Elizabeth I need you to unwrap the wound."

Merlin at the moment was at no use except for her use of knowledge so she was ordering her comrades to help ease Celia's intense pain. "Lady Merlin... what is this?" Elizabeth whispered with horror when she took the wraps off of Celia's stomach to see that the wound was replaced with a glowing black symbol that almost resembled a demon mark.

"Arthur, I need you hurry to the castle and get my magic item number 18. I've labeled my items and organized them in order, it should be to the far right."

"O-of course!" The ginger haired king replied and leaped out of the window hurriedly making the maids from the ground scream in surprise. "King Arthur!" They called worriedly as he ignores them and sprints towards Merlins quarters.

"As Arthur gets my requested item, Elizabeth I need you to get a ice pack and wrap it up in a thin towel. It won't help that contract symbol much, but it can possibly cool it down."

Elizabeth nods and rushes over to a small fridge that held all the healing supplies that needed to be cooled. Fortunately there was a single small bag of ice hiding in the corner behind a few creams and ointments.

She took it and opened a cabinet of small towels, wrapping it around the ice pack tightly before rushing back over. Elizabeth gently puts it on Celia's side, her blue eyes were holding so much worry that she had tears pricking her eyes.

"Lady Merlin, you mentioned contract symbol... what do you mean by that...?"

Merlin's sigh could be heard from the floating orb, Elizabeth could tell the mage wasn't happy with the situation and that she had confliction in her eyes at that moment.

"It's just as its sounds. The Exarch clan were asked to ally with the Demon clan to go against the Goddesses and they agreed. However, someone anonymous sent me a book between their treaty.

It seems that a demon who knew powerful magic, cast a curse onto the leader. A curse that seems to infer that it was able to be spread among his comrades.

If you were to rebel against the made alliance, that very curse will kill you."

"No!" Elizabeth gasps in horror and starts to gently comb Celia's white hair. The princess was absolutely terrified for the girl in front of her, she didn't think she could bear to see a friend of hers die.

Especially Celia, she had been through a lot during her childhood and even now. "How did Celia get it? It's been so many years and all the Exarchs have died off way before the Holy War started..."

"It just might be possible that her parent might've had the curse, although I find it hard to believe for one to live that long."

It was silent after that, no one else knew what to say next. Elizabeth leaned down towards Celia to place her forehead against hers, "Please be strong Celia... We'll find a way to save you," she whispers.

King was flying full speed back towards where they had came from, he was worried about Diane's weird condition yet at the same time he was worried for Celia. Everything was chaos and he had just come back from protecting his home.