Author's note

Hey guys! 

So excited for you to read my latest book, UNSUNG! It's been a while since I've uploaded something new and fresh here on Wattpad. But I think that after you read UNSUNG, you'll understand why it took me so long to write it, and then hopefully forgive me for not getting something to you sooner.

Because the truth is: UNSUNG was a labor of love. 

See, I secretly have always thought I'd make a great superhero. The only problem? No superpowers.

This was the catalyst for me writing what you're about to read. I started to think that if there was a place that I could train to be a hero, I would totally kick-ass at it. Only, places like that don't really exist...until now.

I wanted to write a book for others like me. People who love hero stories, but feel like they could never be like their favorite heroes or heroines because they don't have special powers. Or they're scared. Or their only athletic prowess is the ability to run away from bullies. Whatever your reasons for not putting on that cape, this book is for you.

It was important that all the things my characters do and go through in this book is realistic. In fact, I did all the training that my characters do in UNSUNG myself. To prep, I participated in activities like archery, circus acts, Krav Maga and Parkour. I did massive research on what it takes to be a hero. The biology and psychology behind it, as well as the history of the term. And after months of research and training, I began to feel more empowered. More like I could go out and do some good.

See, the cool thing about UNSUNG is that all the training I write about is out there. The ability to be a hero is possible. Hopefully all you potential heroes will read Kida's story, be inspired, and go out and change the world, too.

No powers necessary.

:)
Britt