chapter eighteen

| Sylvia |

When he walked back into the room, and my eyes laid on him for the first time since he had been taken from me, I expected my heart to explode with joy. Why did it instead push towards the two brothers glaring at each other from either side of my bed?

Xavier, on the other hand, lit up as I had expected myself to. He threw his arms around me, embracing me with his scent. He was still the same Xavi I had grown close to, just a bit cleaner and without blemishes on his smooth skin.

"I thought you were going to die." He muttered into my hair, which I imagine must have felt terrible as it hadn't been washed in days. Yet, if one was to look at us, they might imagine it as the softest thing the man had ever touched in his entire life. 

I let out a soft sigh of relief as I finally fell into his hug, letting my muscles release themselves. "So did I, Xavi." 

A female presence entered the room as well, and I knew it was the lighthearted woman who had become like a sister to me. "Livia!" I called out, my voice muffled by Xavier's chest. Soon another body was in our hug, sandwiching me between two hard frames.

"About time you woke up, I was getting tired of giving you sponge baths you disgusting girl." Livia teased, pinching my thin cheek lightly between her fingers. She took a deep breath then, and I felt her body tense. "Now excuse me, I need to go...talk to my brothers." She hissed, and I could feel the tension rise in the room as she stormed towards them, grabbing their hands and yanking them into the hallway.

| Westley |

To say my sister was furious would be an understatement. Her extended nails were cutting into the skin of my forearm before we had even left the bedroom, yet alone made it into Ambrose's office next door.

She pushed us into the two armchairs before standing above us menacingly, her long fingers on her hips and her eyes looking at us with fury only her body could handle.

"What have you two done!" Her voice was sharp, attacking us with every word. "She isn't just healing. She's completely healed. Not only is her blood healthy, it's...perfect." She grabbed me by the shirt, yanking me up halfway so that we were looking eye to eye. "I know you did something, Westley."

I tried my best to smirk, acting like I had no idea what she was talking about. "And why do you think I was the one to do something?" I mused, rolling my eyes as I pretended to not be absolutely terrified of the girl in front of me. "I've been busy planning my wedding and keeping Carden off of my back." She sighed at my response, turning her anger towards Ambrose.

He broke almost instantly and told her everything. 'And I thought he was supposed to be the mentally strong one' I thought, looking over at his guilty facial expression as he spoke.

I didn't think she could get any more frustrated with the two of us, but as soon as the word "binding" left his lips she let her hand strike him across the face.

"You binded with that girl while she was unconscious? Are you absolutely mad?" She screamed, digging her nails into his shoulders as she held him in place. 

"I...She was going to die, Livia." He whispered, and for once I saw my brother completely vulnerable, his mind and emotions on display for anyone looking to see.

"So you just decide that you should force her to only have eyes for you for the rest of her life?" She scoffed, looking ready to slap him again.

"Eyes for both of us!" I blurted out, her eyes snapping towards me. "We...we binded her to both of us."

"WHAT?"

A.n. || What do you think is going to happen with Sylvia and  Xavier now that they're alone? And do you think Livia is overreacting? Let me know!