Epilogue

Twenty-five years later

"I miss you mama." Autumn mumbles, looking up at the sky as the sound of walkers groaning fills the air.

Camila had been right when she said the dead would come back. In fact her and the other girls died only a few months before the world ended again.

"Hey," Davian says softly, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Everything's ready, we just need to finish barricading one of the walls." He says as they look around their new home.

It was a prison in Pennsylvania, one that neither of them realized had once been where their parents survived.

Autumn simply nodded in response, continuing to look at the sky. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything." Davian responds, holding her close.

"I don't want kids." She admitted bluntly. "Not when the worlds like this. I don't want my kids to live in a world like this and if I had to be honest, I wish my parents never had me."

"Okay, whatever you want baby." Davian says softly.

"Aunt Autumn!" Miya yells, running up to her, the four year old had just lost her father and seemed to gravitate toward Autumn.

Tyson had died do to a scouting trip gone wrong, having already lost his wife during the birth of their second child Leeland, he had decided a trip would help him.

"Hey, princess." Autumn said softly. She knelt down in front of Miya.

Jacquie came running after the little girl. "I'm sorry Autumn." She said in a panic. "I know I was supposed to keep her out of trouble but kids aren't my thing."

"You sound like your mother." Davian said.

"Everyone says that." Jacquie says with a frown.

Miya immediately curls into Autumn. "When's daddy coming back?" She asks, she asked everyday because she believed he would come home.

"Um, princess, he's not coming home." Autumn said softly.

"Well, Jacquie, I hate to tell you this, but it's true and you look exactly like her." Davian teased.

Tears fill the little girl's eyes and she looks up at Autumn. "But he promised."

"I know he did." Autumn said softly. "But in this world, promises aren't as easy to keep."

"Did him leave like my mommy did? Cause daddy said her got sick after Leeland was born." Miya says sadly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'll tell you when you're older." Autumn said, not sure how to explain it to her.

Nodding, Miya runs over to Jacquie who picks her up and leads her away.

"Now what do we do?" Autumn asks softly, looking up at her husband.

Smiling softly, Davian wraps his arms around her. "We survive, much like our parents did."