Chapter 23

Waking up with Octavia curled into her side, caused Camila to smile and pull her closer. Pulling a blanket over their naked bodies.

Octavia shivered, her body trembling. She was sweating yet shivering.

Rubbing her back, Camila frowns in confusion. "O?"

Octavia's eyes fluttered open and she blinked.

"Are you okay?" Camila asks softly, pushing some hair behind the older girl's ear.

Octavia nodded. "Yeah. I'm just cold. I think I need a shower." She moved to get up.

Grinning, Camila pulls Octavia back onto the bed and rolls on top of her. "I know a better way to warm you up."

"No." Octavia shook her head. "I want to take a shower." She pushed Camila off of her and got up.

Confusion and hurt filled Camila and she got up, quickly pulling on her clothes. "Sorry."

Octavia sighed. "I'm sorry... I just want to take a shower."

Nodding, Camila pulls her shoes on. "Okay, um, I'll leave you alone then." She says, moving to walk around Octavia.

Octavia took Camila's hand. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" The younger girl asks softly, trying to pretend she's not hurt.

"You're hurt. I hurt you." Octavia said slowly. "I can see it."

Shrugging, Camila forces a smile. "I'll be fine."

Octavia shook her head. "Don't lie to me."

"What do you want me to say, you're walking away from me again after what just happened." Camila mumbles, looking down.

"I just want to take a shower." Octavia said. "I'd be back."

Biting her lip, Camila looks up and swallows thickly. "Will you?"

"Yes." Octavia shook her head and stepped away. "You don't believe me."

"I just want to hold you." Is all the younger girl responds.

"I need a shower." Octavia shivered.

"But I want you." Camila says softly.

Octavia shook her head, stepping away again.

Sighing, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "I'm going to head to my room. I'll see you later."

"I'm sorry." Octavia was breathing heavily.

"Don't be, there's nothing to be sorry for." Camila responds, moving to walk around Octavia, only to get pulled into a kiss.

Wrapping her arm around Octavia's waist and cupping her cheek, Camila deepens the kiss.

Octavia pulled away after a minute. "I'm sorry." She buried her face in Camila's shoulder.

Kissing Octavia's forehead, Camila smiles softly. "Stop apologizing."

"I'm sorry." Octavia repeated, tears streamed down her face.

"Shh," Camila whispers in her ear, rubbing her back.

Octavia sniffed, wiping her eyes.

****

"Ouch," Camila mumbles, rubbing her knee.

"What happened, mama?" Bellamy asked.

Smiling, Camila moves over to him and runs a hand through his hair. "I walked into your mommy's new dresser."

"Oh." Bellamy frowned. "I did that too. I bumped my shoulder." He shrugged like it was nothing.

"Don't tell mommy, but I'm going to move it when she's sleeping." Camila stage-whispers, Octavia was sitting on the bed and holding a sleeping Kadence.

"She won't like that." Bellamy whispered back.

Chuckling, Camila lifts the three year old up and kisses his forehead. "That's why we won't tell her who did it."

Bellamy giggled. "She'll be mad." He whispered.

"We'll blame it on Arizona." Camila whispers back.

"What are you two whispering about over there?" Octavia asks, tilting her head and watching them.

Camila chuckles and shakes her head. "Nothing O."

"Nothing?" Octavia frowned. "It doesn't sound like nothing."

"Bell, do you want to tell mommy?" Camila asks, rubbing her son's back.

Bellamy shook his head. "She'll get mad."

"Bell says I can't tell you." Camila tells the older girl.

Octavia sighed, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I'm taking a nap." She mumbled before laying down and closing her eyes.

"Mommy's crazy." Camila whispers into Bellamy's ear.

Bellamy shook his head. "No she isn't."

"Okay buddy." Camila says softly, kissing his forehead. "Nap time."

"But I'm not tired." Bellamy whined.

"Alright, then you can come with me." She says, carrying him out of the room.

"Where are we going?" Bellamy asked, he tilted his head to the side.

"I need to talk to Luca and some other people about a supply run." The brown eyed girl says softly.

"A supply run?" Bellamy asked. "What's that?"

"Just means we need more things." Camila explains to him gently, making her way to the council meeting.

"Things? Like what?" Bellamy asked curiously.

"More clothes and baby things like diapers and pullups." She says, stepping into the room and sitting down.