Chapter 28

Octavia was laying in bed and laughing as Camila tickled her. "Cami, stop," she squeals out.

Grinning, Camila leans down and kisses her slowly and passionately.

Octavia laughed against Camila's lips.

Shifting so she is laying between Octavia's legs, Camila stops tickling her and deepens the kiss.

Octavia relaxed and began kissing Camila back slowly.

Deepening the kiss, Camila tilts her head slightly and runs her tongue over Octavia's bottom lip.

Octavia slowly opened her mouth and let Camila's tongue in.

They made out for a few minutes before Camila pulled away and dropped onto the bed beside Octavia.

She didn't know how far the older girl was willing to let her go.

Octavia smiled. "This is nice."

Nodding, Camila pulls Octavia closer and kisses her shoulder before curling into her. "Makes me feel like a teenager again."

Octavia giggled. "Yeah."

"I'm so glad it's the weekend." The younger girl mumbles.

"Why?" Octavia sat up slightly.

Whining slightly, Camila tries to pull her back down. "Because you aren't rushing off to school."

"Oh." Octavia lays back down.

Shifting, Camila moves to lay between her thighs once more. "We aren't leaving this room."

"We aren't?" Octavia asked. "Why not?"

"Because," Camila responds, leaning down and placing open mouthed kisses down her neck.

"That doesn't answer my question." Octavia frowned.

Lifting her head, Camila looks into Octavia's eyes. "I want to make love to you." She says nervously, they hadn't done anything since her amputation surgery.

Octavia bit her lip. "Um..."

Swallowing thickly, Camila moves off of her and sits on the edge of the bed, tears filling her eyes as she works on pulling her shoe and sock on. "Forget it, I-I forgot that, just forget it." She barely gets out before a soft sob escapes her.

Octavia sighed, she ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry,"

Shaking her head, Camila forces herself up and over to her wheelchair. "I-It's fine, you're not the only one disgusted by my leg."

"I'm not disgusted." Octavia said.

The younger girl doesn't respond, not believing her.

Octavia sighed. "I'm not disgusted." She repeated.

"You wouldn't pull away from me if you weren't disgusted." The younger girl responds softly.

"I'm not disgusted." Octavia repeated again.

"Then look at my leg, you always avoid it." Camila responds softly.

"I avoid it because I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Octavia said.

Looking down, Camila stares at the stump where her right leg used to be. "You not looking at it or touching it makes me uncomfortable, it makes me think that you think I'm disgusting or a freak."

"I don't think you are disgusting or a freak." Octavia said.

The younger girl doesn't look up, tears running down her cheeks.

"Camila, I'm sorry." Octavia said, she curled up on the bed and sighed.

"You still can't even come over and touch my leg or look at it." The younger girl whispers brokenly.

"I don't want to hurt you." Octavia responded through a muffled sob.

"You're hurting me now, by not doing anything." Camila breathes out, not looking at her.

Shaking her head, Camila turns and begins wheeling herself out of the room.

"Dammit." Octavia cursed, she punched the mattress beneath herself.

Several hours later

Camila slowly wheels herself into the room, not looking up at Octavia who was sitting at the desk in the room and grading papers.

Octavia glanced at Camila before focusing her attention on the papers.

Grabbing a change of clothes from her dresser, Camila wheels herself toward the bathroom, stopping the chair outside the door.

Clearing her throat, Camila takes a deep breath. "O, I need help."

Octavia hummed, writing a 'B' at the top of a paper before moving it into the graded pile. She put her pen down and sighed.

Slowly, Camila gets out of her chair and hops into the bathroom, making it to the counter.

Octavia ran her fingers through her hair and stood up. She followed Camila into the bathroom. "What do you need help with?"

"Can you help me get into the bath?" The younger girl asks quietly.

"Okay." Octavia nodded.

Taking a deep breath, Camila puts her change of clothes on the counter and hops over to the toilet, sitting down and trying to strip her clothes.

Octavia stood silently, looking at the floor.

"Can you start the bath?" Camila asks softly, continuing to strip her clothes.

Octavia nodded, she moved to the bath and started the water.

After a few minutes, Camila gets into the tub with Octavia's help.

"Shout for me when you are ready to get out." Octavia said softly, she left the bathroom and sat down at her desk. She began grading the next paper.

When she doesn't hear anything after twenty minutes, she begins to worry. Her worry only grows when she hears a sudden thud from the bathroom.

She got up out of the chair and made her way over to the bathroom.  "Camila?" She knocked on the door.

Camila doesn't respond at first, she was still in shock from falling. "C-can you come in here?"

"What happened?" Octavia asked, she slowly pushed the door open.

"I fell." Camila whispers, shifting uncomfortably on the floor and shivering.

"Oh, are you okay?" Octavia passed Camila her towel.

Shaking her head, Camila starts drying herself off.

Octavia passed Camila her clothes.

Slowly, Camila gets dressed but struggles to stand up.

Octavia moved to help Camila. "Why did you try to get out by yourself?"

"I didn't want to bother you." The younger girl mumbles.

"I told you to call me when you wanted to get out." Octavia said.

Nodding, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry."

"You should have shouted for me." Octavia said, shaking her head.

Looking down, Camila fights back tears.

Octavia sighed, she helped Camila up and over to her chair. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Shrugging, Camila sits in her chair and wheels over to the bedroom door. "I'm going to see if Mani will let me stay with her."

"Oh... okay." Octavia sighed.

****