~ Talking to your pet ~

Start from the beginning

Platt gulped, Chuchule began to tremble nervously, Chulatt hid behind Platt while Plachu crossed his eyes and looked the other way.

"Well?" You asked. 

The mice chittered with one another in a tight circle before facing you with timid faces. Chuchule led you to the window downstairs in the kitchen. She led the others and you, pointing to your neighbours garden where two boys were throwing eggs at one another.

You growled at the sight them. So they were the ones that threw eggs at your door that night. The door smelled of eggs for weeks after that! Chuchule noticed your intense glare at them.

"You know what, unleash hell on those guys." You turned to the mice who looked at you in shock. "They egged our door once and they're also responsible for other things that kept Lance and me awake and angry before we got you. So if you're stealing from them, make sure you don't know and don't tell Lance."

"Don't tell Lance what?"

"Quiznack."

SHIRO

"Coco! Didi! Shut uuuuuuuuppp!" You whined.

Coco and Didi, your two budgies turned out to be the opposite sex, meaning there were bird versions of you and Shiro! It was cute sometimes but then, they would be chatting while you were trying to look up jobs for employment. You were in the living room earlier but then the two began to start a conversation with each other. 

Shiro was very enthusiastic about them. His spare money went to giving the birds a warm cage, a play area on the other side of the living room and the best toys and food that you guys could afford at a reasonable price. 

Didi was a white-headed blue budgie. He landed on Shiro's white fluff of hair when you went to the pet store, apparently, Coco landed on your shoulder as well. Shiro had a photo that the pet store staff took. He was a cheeky bugger, often leading Coco around the nooks and cranny of the apartment. A wee little devil he was.

Coco had a similar appearance to Didi, wearing a zebra pattern on her head. While Didi was the cheeky devil, she was the screeching Cockatoo. When there was silence, there was an opportunity for her to repeat snippets of your conversation with Shiro. She even picked up R2D2 sounds after Shiro played it near the cage.

"Coco!" You shouted. "Be quiet!"

"Coco, be quiet!" Coco chirped.

"Oh my lord, no!!!" You groaned. You slid your head down your hands before slamming your forehead on the desk. "They're learning to mimic English!"

"Engrish! Engrish!" Coco screeched.

You whimpered on the desk, rolling around. "Shiro!" You shouted.

"Shi-ro, Spa-ay-ayce Dad," Coco crowed.

You froze.

"Shi-ro, Shi-ro, Spay-ay-ayce Dad," Coco repeated.

You quickly grabbed your phone and slowly walked to the bird's play area where Coco and Didi were mucking around. Coco was swinging from a string from a broken hoodie that Shiro threw out, repeating her little song.

You slammed the record button and videotaped Coco swing around her rope like Tarzan singing her little Space Dad song. When Coco stopped singing you swung the camera around and fangirled.

"They're calling you Space Dad Shiro!" You squealed.

You never hit the send button so fast when you texted the video to Shiro.

"The space birds are singing for their space dad!"

MATT

Tabby was a rare find. The story was that Matt found him cornered by two dogs in an alleyway. He was walking and saw the whole thing and rushed in without a thought. The dogs were scared away and what Matt was saw horrified him. The cat was so deformed. Only one eye was left, an ear was missing, his tail was cut short and there was a paw that was twisted out as if it was broken and healed in an awkward way. His fur was covered in sores as well.

Matt had found a box and carried him out where you found Matt bringing a cat in. That night, you drove the feline to a vet where you met Deaton, the closest veterinarian. The news about his condition was grim but after a few visits, Deaton said that Tabby was going to make it.

You two didn't plan on having a pet but you didn't regret it. Tabby turned out to be such a diva. Unlike the rumours and misconception of having cats as an anti-social creature, Tabby LOVED attention. He would cuddle on your lap all the time, play around with stuff that was left behind and meow when you didn't give him enough attention.

The sores on his fur had disappeared a while ago. Some fur was even growing back. Tabby proudly wore his collar as he walked around the house. Right now he was half-asleep on your lap as your stroked his soft fur.

"Did you like that bath I gave you?" You asked.

Tabby half opened his eyes and shuffled on your lap.

You giggled, leaning in to kiss him on the head. "You're such a diva, you know that right?"

Tabby meowed in reply.

You checked your wrist for the time but realised that you had taken it off when you gave Tabby that bath. You sighed, thinking it was still in the bathroom. You didn't know what time it was and if it was near 5:30, you had to get dinner started so that you time it when Matt comes back home.

"Hey Tabby?" You asked, "How about we go for a little ride?"

Tabby's eyes widened before you hooked your thumbs under his front legs and carried him like a baby on your shoulder to the bathroom. Tabby whined, trying to push away from you as you approached the mini room of torture.

"Hey!" You protested, "Tabby I'm not going to wash you, I'm only getting the watch!"

Tabby continued to paw his way to escape as you bent down to get the watch from the sink. You muttered comments and other such words under your breath as you quickly rushed out to escape from Tabby's constant pawing against your face.

"Tabby, you're such a drama queen," you sighed. 

Tabby almost let out a cheekish grin spread across his face as he snuggled against your neck. 

"Yeah, yeah, pretend like none of your whining ever happened." You checked the watch and saw the time. 5:50 pm.  "FREAKING QUIZNACK!!!!" You screeched.

Tabby whipped his head up as you quickly set him on the couch. "I NEED TO COOK DINNER!!!!"