~ Talking to your pet ~

Start from the beginning

The coop was a decent build standing around 3-4 feet off the ground (1.2m). It managed to fit all thirteen hens with holes carved out on either side of the building. Hunk was ingenious with the build and had fitted doors on the outside of the coops; you could reach in without having to go inside the actual thing.

This was convenient... If Thorin, Fili and Kili had not learned to sit backwards so that when you tried to get the eggs, they would be glaring at you straight in the eye instead of giving you the butt face.

"Nice and easy," you whispered. You popped in the eggs from the Big Three first before moving on. You thought you were going to get it off pretty easy until you faced Bombur in her coop, the last hen.

You gulped as the chook stared at you in the eye. "Uh... Hi there..." You stammered.

Bombur let out a sassy coo from her mouth as she looked down into the pail.

"Oh... You've seen the eggs... Ha... Ha," you laughed nervously, "Can I take your eggs?"

Bombur screeched, flapping her wings.

You spied a load of eggs in her nest. You. Had. To get. Those. Eggs.

"How about a deal?" You asked. You reached in past the eggs and revealed a handful of feed to Bombur.

Bombur looked at the feed in your hand with curious eyes, flicking her head in all angle to see the glorious mix of seeds, pellets and bugs.

"Yeah?" You asked, "You like what you see?"

Bombur answered with a satisfied squawk.

"How about you stand up so that I can get the eggs and I let you eat the feed?" You asked. You slowly let the pail down, still holding the feed near Bombur and reached underneath her.

Bombur began to peck at your hand, eating up her fill as you began to unload five eggs from her nest. The pecks were an awkward mix of pain and ticklish bites. You winced in pain and then giggled at the sensation in the same second.

"Well," you sighed, "I think I'm getting the hang of this."

Bombur ate the last of the feed before standing up even more.

"Bombur?" You looked at the chicken as it stared at you, almost smirking.

In a flurry of wings and squawks, Bombur jumped out of the window and started to roughly attempt a landing on your shoulder.

"BOMBUR!!! GET BACK IN YOUR COOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LANCE

"Wait, what?" You laughed.

The mice enacted a scene of Lance cooking in the kitchen, using each other and other nearby objects to show Lance sleepwalking to make waffles at night. Platt, the chubbiest of all, laid down as the other mice used him as the kitchen. Chuchule, the pink one, mimicked Lance while Chulatt and Plachu gathered the props.

You watched in amusement as the mice began to spill more secrets about Lance when you weren't around. "I can't believe you had to watch and hear these things!"

Plachu, blue in fur and red in the eyes, chittered furiously. You giggled, guessing that he was ranting on about Lance.

"Well, I can't blame you for getting annoyed at Lance but he's the best guy ever don't you  think?" You asked.

Chulatt innocently nodded his head.

"But..." you said. The mice looked at you, waiting to finish your comment. "Where do you guys get the hundred dollar bills?!"