~ Talking to your pet ~

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going through the bin, Cosmo."

Cosmo let out a huff and tipped the bin over, sitting down with an innocent look.

"Cosmo!" You hissed.

He paid you no attention as he searched through the back. You bent down to help with a sigh until he found a bottle at the bottom. Cosmo put the bottle in your hand, leaving plenty of drool behind.

"Eh, this is gross." You fiddled with the bottle, staring at the red top and warning on the side. You froze. It was the pill bottle. The pill bottle was still there. The bottle dropped from your hand as you stumbled away from it.

Cosmo walked over to you, comforting you as he snuggled his face into your hand. You looked at him eagerly but Cosmo manoeuvred his face so that you held your hand open. You stared at him curiously, leaving your palm exposed.

Cosmo went back, plopping the pill bottle in your hand and continued to sniff the bottle and then your head, going back and forth.

Your mouth dropped open. He smelled the pills in your hand. He knew something was wrong. You dropped the pill bottles and hugged Cosmo.

"Oh my gosh, thank you, Cosmo!" You gasped. Cosmo panted happily as he fixed his position to enjoy your warm embrace.

Keith came in later, spying you embracing Cosmo happily. "Uh (y/n), what happened?" Keith stared at the kitchen floor, littered with literal litter.

HUNK

Not everyone has the best relationship with their chickens. There are of course really cute videos of chickens warming up to their owners, letting them hug them or crooning when they're near. Those kinds of chickens loved Hunk but you? They hated you with a passion.

When you walked into the coop, the chickens either ran from you into the coop or started to innocently peck at your toes as if there was food was placed upon it. You had guessed long ago it was because the reason for your visits was to steal their eggs.

You had thirteen chickens in all. All of which had distinct features... Unfortunately, those features tempted Hunk and your brothers to name them after the thirteen dwarves from the Hobbit.

The big three you could remember were Thorin, Fili and Kili. They were always looking out for your egg stealing hands. Bombur was the greedy chook. Dwalin stole food by watching the others when foraging. Balin was the eldest and Ori was... the innocent chook that never really grasped the situation well, she was the one pecked at your foot every time you walked in.

So today, you walked in with feed instead of just prying eggs from moody chooks. You walked out into the backyard with a bucket full of feed.

"Here chick-chick-chick."

The chookins raised their heads at the sound of the metal pail being tapped on as you walked into the pen with food. Every two-legged creature rushed towards you with eyes wide.

"Ah!"

You tried to walk around the chickens as they flocked you with eager heads and coos.

"Give me a sec to put the feed into the feeders!" You whined. You poured the food into a metal trough, much like the one in chicken run and scattered half of the rest into the pen.

Everyone was eating like crazy, leaving you to raid the coop. You quietly tiptoed to the coop, hoping the Big Three didn't see you go into their territory.