Chapter 13

Roman had been more than happy when Brinley did as she should as his mate and let him stay in the same room and even better yet, she allowed him in the same bed.

When the two awoke, they dressed and packed their small bit of belongings. Into a backpack and made it out to the living room where they were greeted by a few more. "Those who will be traveling with the alphas... we are leaving in five minutes."

Dressing in their warmest gear the troup left the confines of the cave. Nobody had decided to stay for they knew the dangers would be lessened by traveling with the alpha pair.

The trip took as long as Brinley had suggested and Roman could smell a feast on the horizon. His stomach growled. "We are almost there, my mate," Brinley chuckled as she rubbed her hand along Roman's arm. He sighed continuing to walk, picking up the little one, Lucas, for Heather as she looked nearly dead tired.

As the troup rounded the next corner of the pass, the bare path started to fill with trees, rocks and open up into a giant meadow.

"I thought the pass had an avalanche years ago." Then peering into the distance, Roman thought he could see the villiage. Looking harder, but he wasn't quite sure.

"It did. Many many years ago. Those of us outside the pack villiage had helped keep up the myth. Our alpha had realized the danger of the situation and a way to keep our pack out of danger was to keep the stories alive."

"What danger?" Roman questioned.

"Our alpha at the time died in the avalanche and his successor a luna then became our alpha, we could no longer shift and so we lost our wolf scent."

"Is that it?" Roman asked amazed.

"Intersting..." Brinley trailed off.

She grasped his hand and turned Roman in a different direction. "It's over here."

He couldn't understand the only other options seemed to be a mountainous wall.

Brinley lifted her hand and pressed it to a wall. The locking mechanism was slightly hidden and easily opened.

Once it opened a small tunnel revealed and at the end... a seemingly magical villiage was revealed. The structures all matched the surrounding foliage perfectly. The clothing of the people was muted colors which matched the ground cover.

Everyone stopped moving and instantly began gawking and whispering. "The alpha. An outsider..."

The guards on the insides of the gate walked up extending hands to the people especially their alpha to take anything that had to be carried. "Alpha it's wonderful to see you."

Roman smiled but it wasn't him they were greeting. "This place is amazing. Where is the alpha? Shouldn't he be greeting us?"

Didn't Roman catch on to anything!?

Brinley turned and this time grumbled, "really?"

"Alpha, what is he talking about?"

"Vincent, meet Alpha Pike from the Shadow Valley pack. He is a little confused. His newly mated brain got fried." Brinley offered to the guard.

"Hey!" Roman growled stepping forward and grabbing Brinley's arm.

"Roman meet my guards, Vincent and Noble. They have guarded our territory for a century." She shook him off. "Roman... You are looking at the alpha."

"Kane!" He shook his head. "That weak bastard?!"

Kane growled.

"I'm the alpha!" Brinley snarled, she was tired of explanations. "This is my pack. The contract will keep them as my control. Not my arrogant alpha mate's control."