chapter 9

"You are so lucky we have a matching key." Roman smiled and took Brinley's hand in his and gently caressed the tenderness of her reddened wrists.

"Why don't we go talk?" Roman tugged Brinley into a room closing the door behind them.

"Bedroom..."

"Yeah, it's mine when I am here. I figured we can continue our conversation about the mating."

"Look... I do have to say thank you for all your help. But this event has really reminded me of why I do not want anything to do with this life style."

"You can't be serious."

"Roman," Sirus pounded on the door.

"Damn it." Roman grumbled and stormed to the door and yanked it open.

"We have company. He said he's here for Brinley."

"She's staying. Bri... I'll be back."

"I'm coming with. He's here for me. It's probably Kane." Brinley rubbed her arms and followed the two men.

Brinley pushed past the two men as they neared the door. "Kane!"

Kane caught Brinley's hand and didn't hug her as she had planned.

"Brinley. Hey."

Brinley sighed, he would never let her close enough for him. "Kane, you are just in time, I was just about to tell Roman how I denounce my shifter a..."

Kane shook his head, "No. You can't you are alph..."

Brinley interrupted him with a snappy, "Kane! Shut it!"

"Alpha? I didn't know..."

"No..."

Roman rose a brow, "Sirus, please get Mr. Kane a guest room, if he chooses. Brinley, let's go finish our talk."

Brinley glared at Kane but nodded to Roman, "okay." Why couldn't Kane just keep his damned mouth shut. She had long since denounced her shifter side. Leaving the pack in the capable hands of a beta.

In the other room, Roman advanced on her with a firm hand he pinned Brinley. She squirmed and pushed at him. So he caught her hands and slid them into his own. Gliding her hands up the wall, he held them.

"You cannot deny your were... that is only legend. Besides, why would you want to do that?" Roman questioned, his voice low.

"This life is too dangerous for me."

"I will keep you safe. I will not let harm come to you ever," Roman promised.

Brinley's eyes searched his. Roman held firm. There was no doubt in his eyes. Slowly, Roman moved his head closer. Then with certainty he pressed his lips to hers. Pulling away he said, "now, did you have any more amendments to the contract?" His lips hovered seductively close and Brinley couldn't help the actions she was about to take as somewhere deep inside tried to take over. She kissed him back.

He pressed his body into hers and Brinley moaned lifting her leg to try and wrap it around his hips.

Kissing her neck hard, Roman snarled as he dropped her wrists and cupped her ass lifting her up.

Hot passionate lips molded to each other as Brinley's fingers worked at his clothes.

Brinley worked at Roman's clothing until there was nothing covering his body meanwhile he worked her tender skin with his lips and hands. Sliding his hands down her bare thighs, he caressed every inch of her.

"I want you," Roman breathed as he slid his fingers closer and closer to her most intimate regions.

Beneath his touch, Brinley squirmed. She had never felt so much pleasure with just a touch! His hot breath kept reinforcing her swirling thoughts. This male is good for us.

Brinley forced Roman's lips back up to her own biting into his hot mouth. A deep rumbling vibration resignated deep from within Brinley as she dropped to the floor and allowed Roman to pull down her laced panties.

Brinley gripped onto Roman's bare hips with one hand and his girth with the other pushing him toward the bed as she massaged. As his legs hit the mattress, Brinley glided her hand up and down.

He moaned as she pushed him back just slightly and climbed over him.

Suddenly, Brinley froze and jumped up dragging a blanket with her. She slammed her body into the wall eagerly covering her body.

The two panted as they looked at each other.

"I can't," Brinley whispered.

Roman groaned. He changed the subject in a way. "Did you have any other amendments to the contract?" Roman asked after an exaggerated pause.

Brinley turned her head to the side, not looking at him. "I believe we almost passed that bridge..."

Roman smiled, "yes. We didn't though. I want you as my mate and therefore, I want you to be happy."

Brinley tried to smile.

"We will need to go see the elders..."

"I understand," Brinley replied softly.

Roman walked to her, reaching up to her with lust in his eyes. "May I..." he asked, not accustomed to asking.

She shook her head. "Please don't."

Roman closed the distance anyway, kissing her. Brinley could instantly feel the sparks that came with contact between other shifters, she found it hard to not give in as it was deliciously enticing. They pulled apart and Brinley reached for her clothes.

"We are going to head out to the doctor for testing when you are done. Are you sure we can't finish this..."

Brinley looked to him, refusing once again. She had her reasons, but just couldn't voice them.