Running Out of Time

[Not Edited]

[Not Edited]

Lydia had decided that today was the day she was going to confront Barry about his vigilante activities. It was eating her up inside that she she knew something about Barry that Iris didn't. She didn't like to hide things from Iris, well except the fact that she's is a banshee, but that was a conversation for a later time. She didn't realize this, but in a couple months that secret would tear their friendship apart.

She had decided the best place to confront Barry would be the police station, surrounded by cops. That way Barry wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

For the first few months she came to the police station with Iris, they would always ask Lydia for her ID or why she didn't as there. But as time went on, she became well acquainted with mostly everyone in the station.

When she entered the precinct, she said her usual hi's to all the officers on duty and headed upstairs to Barry's nerd den. She mentally prepared herself for the conversation that was about to happen.

When she got closer to the door, Lydia heard two voices who belonged to Barry and detective West. This long awaited confrontation she had prepared for the night before had to be postpone for another time. The pair had been talking about something, she really couldn't make out. The only word she could decipher from their hushed voices was, 'dangerous.'

"Dangerous? Who or what is dangerous" Lydia said, making her presence known. She took notice on how detective West and Barry had straightened up and looked at each other weirdly.

"No one, just some thief." Barry answered quickly

"Well, criminals better watch out. Cops in Central City are the best there are, and if you can't protect this city, Im sure the Flash will." Barry had become noticeably uncomfortable with the topic, but Lydia assumed it was the fact that he was you know the actual Flash.

Barry glanced down at broken mug before turning his attention back to the strawberry blonde, "What if he can't? What if he's gone?"

"What do you mean gone?"

"Yeah, or maybe he's just done, or maybe it's like whatever he could do before, he can't do anymore." Lydia looked at him. This metaphorical situation, didn't feel so metaphorical. Did Barry loose his powers?

"Barry, wh-?" But before she could question, detective West interrupted her, "- Barry? Don't you have someplace to be?"

Barry glanced at the older West before looking at Lydia with a sad smile, "Yeah, going." He got up from his chair, but before he could go Lydia grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile, "See you later Bare."

The hand holding lasted a little longer than it should have. They both looked down and their hands, Lydia being the first to let go. While Barry backed into a desk muttering a "yeah" as he sped off. Detective West saw the interaction between the two and couldn't help but have the smallest of smirks on his face. He was about to say something to Lydia, but she diverted the conversation. "Oh," her attention went to the ground, where she saw Barry's favorite red mug smashed into small pieces, "Aw, Barry loved that mug." She said to Detective West.