"Sweetie, I'm Everyone's Type"

Not Edited

Not Edited

"This is all your fault. I could've taken European folklore to cover my sociology requirement but no. You said take journalism, Iris. Reporters have all the fun!"

"Guess what Barry? Reporters have none of the fun. Journalism is boring. I'm bored. I blame you."

"Barry, at least look at me when I yell at you..Bar-what are you even looking at?" Iris turned around to see Lydia only few feet behind her, playing a game on her phone.

Lydia glanced up to see them both staring at her.

He was intently starting at Lydia, "You look really nice." Iris raised her eyebrows at him and his eyes widened.

"I-I mean you both look really nice."

Iris squinted her eyes and tilted her head. "Thanks. Why don't you look nice. This afternoon? Suit and tie? The university is giving Simon Stagg--" Barry looked at her confused when realization hit him.

"Simon Stag--"

"Some big award. You agreed--"

"To explain the science in your article."

"It's all coming back to me now."

Iris looked disappointed but wasn't surprised since Barry has never been on time.

"How fast can you get home and change?"

Barry pursed his lips and scratched the nape of his neck, "ugh, pretty fast."

"Allen, Joe asked me to see where you're at on the evidence from the gun store shooting" Eddie said. Lydia jumped a little, she didn't even notice him coming in. 'I should put a bell on this guy,' she thought.

He smiled in his girlfriend's direction, "Oh hey Iris."

"Martin" He said nodding toward the strawberry blonde. She just rolled her eyes.

"Detective" Iris said with a small smile.

Lydia took notice on how Barry's mood did a complete 180. He looked back and forth between the pair in front of him. "Please, guys, uh, just kiss already. I already know, remember?"

Lydia smirked to herself. She thought it was cute that Barry got jealous, it was clear to everyone, that Barry loved Iris. She hadn't even known them for too long and knew the unrequited love Barry had for Iris. The only person who didn't know was Iris herself. And maybe Eddie. For a detective he could be very dense.

Barry walked toward his computer to most likely distract himself from the public display of affection that was about to happen.

He looked at the happy couple whilst they kissed. He had this sadness in his eyes. Lydia felt for him it can't be easy seeing the person you love me with someone else. She should know.