17 - FAMILY CHOICE

EUN BI'S POV

I was cleaning at the kitchen when the doorbell rings. Tae Hyung was in the bathroom to get ready for his tours concert. I went opened the door just to see Tae Hyung's parent coming. They come inside after I went aside.

"Where is my son?" His mother asks coldly. The way she talks I could say she doesn't like me here. They sit on the couch waiting for Tae Hyung while I go to the kitchen making their drink. I make them orange juice and place it on the table. Tae Hyung comes out from his room with his bag.

"How long you will be in Hong Kong?" His mother asked. I just went to the kitchen but still hear their conversation. Sometimes, I feel like his mother just tried to see my reaction between their talks.

"My friend's daughter is coming here. You know she is a very kind and hardworking girl." She said out loud. I know she wants to make me stay away from Tae Hyung. She does warn me at our first met. She said I don't match with her son. I know where I was.

"Why? I'm busy. I can't see her." Tae Hyung said.

"Nothing. Just want you two know each other. Her parent is a good friend of mine and we really hope that we be in-law in the future." Just hear that is enough to hurt me.

AUTHOR'S POV

The house becomes silence when Tae Hyung hear the word 'in-law' come out from his mother's lips. He took a glance toward Eun Bi. She didn't give any sign that she was hurt. His mother noticed how he was looking at the young girl in the kitchen. The doorbell suddenly rings. Tae Hyung about to get them when his mother spoke.

"You have a maid. Let her get it." She said.

"Mom." Tae Hyung looked at his mother before sighed. His eye followed Eun Bi walking to the front door. When the door opened, Eun Bi's eye meets with her best friend, Irene. Irene was surprised to see her too.

"Eun Bi, what are you doing here?" Irene asked. Eun Bi just stared at her best friend. She knows that Irene likes Tae Hyung and she is happy for her. At last her dream come true.

"I'm working here. I told you before, I'm a maid." She said with a smile. Then they went inside.

Tae Hyung was surprised to see Irene was there. He speechless. The two best friends were in front of him. One is his love and another one is his parent's choice. He was in a dilemma. He loves his parent but he also can't live without his love.

"Have a seat. I'll get you a drink." Eun Bi said. Irene about to sit next to Tae Hyung's mother but she was told to sit next Tae Hyung. His father just silent next to his wife. To be honest, he doesn't like the way his wife does. He only wants his son happy. Whoever his choice he will okay.

Eun Bi comes with a drink for Irene. When she about to leave Tae Hyung's mother ask her to join them. She refused with excuses but instead was forced. Tae Hyung doesn't like it. He hates Eun Bi being treat like that. She only listens to her. She sat next to Irene.

Tae Hyung's mother talks a lot about her plan to marry the couple. Irene just agreed on whatever Tae Hyung's mother said. She didn't know about Tae Hyung and Eun Bi. Eun Bi at the side just smiles whenever Irene looked at her. Tae Hyung could see the pain behind the fake smile.

"I'm going to be late. Eun Bi help me take my bags to my car." Tae Hyung said. He wants to talk with Eun Bi.

"It's fine. Irene can help you. Right, Irene?" His mother said to Irene. Before Irene answer him, he spoke.

"She is my MAID. She has to listen to me not you. I pay her not you." Tae Hyung said. The way Tae Hyung spoke make his father suspicious their relationship. Tae Hyung's mother went silent. Eun Bi just do her job as Tae Hyung's maid.

After 5 minutes, Mr. Kim excuses himself to go get something in his car but the truth is he wants to know what was his son hide from him. When he arrived at the parking lot, he searches for his son. His feet stop when hears something. He slowly walks there to see what has happened.

"Eun Bi. Please... Trust me, I don't have any feels to her." Tae Hyung said. Eun Bi just smile at him. But inside, she really hurt.

"Well, it nice though. She like you and your mother like her. You should be happy. Plus, you should not be stress during your concert. What will your fans say if they saw you like this?" Eun Bi said. Tae Hyung look at her. He really can't hold anymore.

"Just stop with your act! Can't you? I'm not stupid to not see how hurt you are. You are not only one to feel that. Me too! Are you blind? All this time... Only you. No one else that I love. I love you. I love you, Eun Bi. Not Irene. Just you." He confessed. Eun Bi just silence while looking down.

"It too late for us. I do... Love you. But, Irene is my best friend. She loves you from the first. While me, I just fall for you in these four months. She loves you. I can't betray her. I can't lose my best friend." Eun Bi said. She was crying too. As much as Tae Hyung did.

"Then... How about me? I have too let you go too? Do I have to betray my love for my mother too? She is not the one will stay with me until I die. It was my future wife. And that girl is no one else but you." He said.

"She is your mother, you have to listen to her. Without her, you are not standing here. If you... Really love me. Accept Irene as your partner. Forget about me. Forget about everything that we been through these four months."

"Fine! I DON'T LOVE YOU!" By that, Tae Hyung went into his car and shut the door harsh. Just a few seconds he went out again and went to her. Stood in front of her thinking to do something before he leaves to the airport.

"I'm sorry." That is when her eye grew big as felt their lips touched each other. Eun Bi froze before realize what Tae Hyung just did to her. She pushes him away but only got hugged from him. His hand firmly wrapped her tiny waist.

"I can't stop to love you. I can't hate you. I can't forget everything we did together. I just can't." He said. Eun Bi sighed and hugged back.

"You have too. Without your parent's blessing, we can't be happy. I want happiness. If they can't accept us, we can't be together. I'm sorry." Eun Bi said. After a few minutes in each other embrace, Tae Hyung let go of her. He gives a kiss on her forehead before went to his company.

Listen to the couple's confession, make Mr. Kim sigh. He can't do anything to help them. He notices Eun Bi took out something from her pocket. She looked at the paper on her hand.

"I'm sorry Tae Hyung. This is the only way for both of us. Goodbye." She said before calling someone.