16 - TAKING BACK

DANIEL'S POV

Mr. Kim and I were discussing the share in my father company. The shares belong to me and my sisters that my father takes away. From the first, my father has nothing. The company that he has now belongs to my mother. I don't know his true colors until one day I heard him. Also, my accident was a plan and my mother accident too. After I witness the scene when he pays someone to kill me, I totally shocked. He is my biological father and wanted me to die. He is the person who is responsible for my mother's accident. What kind of husband he is? He wants all him. The company and title.

"Are you sure about this?" Mr. Kim ask. I nodded. I'm 100% sure to do this. Just a little respond to me, he calls my mother's lawyer. I didn't know that until he introduced us. My mother was surprised to him again after years. But still, he is loyal to my mother.

After 25 minutes, Mr. Mark comes in. He is the family lawyer. He sat in front of me. I smile and nodded at him. He still the same Mr. Mark. Tall and good looking.

"So this is the person that I talk about. Kang Daniel. Mrs. Kang's eldest son." Mr. Kim said. Mr. Mark looked at me. I know it was impossible to see here. I decided to tell him the truth. Gladly he can get it so I don't need to repeat again.

"So, it bit hard to do the procedure since it was already in his hand. But I will try my best. Anyway, I'm happy to see you back, Daniel. Your mom must be happy, right?" He said.

"Yeah. She is. At first, she bit shocked by the news but she really thankful to see me again. I didn't tell them about what my father's plan. I hope this is a secret between us. I can't let them know about this. I can't see them sad." I said. Mr. Kim and Mr. Mark smile at me.

"You are a good son and brother. They should glad to see you." Mr. Mark said and ready to go back to his company.
"I've to go now. I'll be back with good news, Daniel. By the way, you're really handsome now." He added. I bit flustered at his compliment. It was true though.

Compare to before, I was a bit ugly. So different from my sisters. They got my mother's traits. White and soft skin, small face, beautiful dark's eye and pretty. Eun Bi is precisely liked our mother, ideal type of girl for a future wife. While Eun Ji is a little bit boyish. Thinking about our childhood memories make me miss those times.

"Thanks. You're too." I said.

"I'm old enough for the compliment." Mr. Mark said.

"Just admit you like it, Mark." Mr. Kim suddenly said. Mr. Mark scoffed at him.

"You are jealous he's not complimenting you." Mr. Mark said. Their friendship is weird but sweet.

"Well, my loss. If only Jina like him, I would have a handsome son-in-law." Mr. Kim said. I was surprised by his words. I didn't expect that come out from him. To be honest, I like Jina more than a sister. The more time I spend with her, the more I fall for her. I know she also feels the same as me but she was scared to her parent. Plus, she still a student. But now, with my two eye and ears, I hear himself say that. Maybe it was the right time to tell him about my feeling to his daughter.

After Mr. Mark left, we both back to the discussion but I was distracted by the thought to ask his permission to date his only daughter.

"Urmm... Uncle. Actually, I-" Just I want to say, someone burst in Mr. Kim office. Guess who? It was my father.

"What all of this? Are you going to make my company down? Are you crazy? That is my company. We've been a partner for years. And this? What it all about? Why so sudden?" He yelled in front of Mr. Kim. He looked really different. So hot-tempered. Lucky we are not with him anymore. Mr. Kim didn't say anything.

"Unfortunately, I don't see any afford from your company. The sponsor was mad because nothing was going well at the site. Didn't I tell you before? If something happens I'll back off from this project. This is the consequence because of your fault. And about your company don't worry. I have an offer for you. How about you sell half of your share to my son-in-law, Kang Daniel." I almost choked my own saliva when hearing him. Me? His son-in-law?

"Him? What this young boy can do with my company?" My father asked while looking me up to the toe. I master in business, so I don't have any problem with that.

"A lot. Maybe one day he will be in your position." Mr. Kim said calmly. I bit amazed at how he does his work. He is not an easy panic person to handle a big problem. I really like how he managed to handle a hot-tempered person like my father right now.

"In your dream. I would never sell my share to both of you." He said and about to leave when Mr. Kim say something.

"Your loss then. If he was in your company, he might help you. He got a Master in business. Plus his idea is brilliant. I don't mind if he wants to work with you. At least he can learn how to handle his soon-to-be company." Mr. Kim said giving my father some tricks to make him accept his offer. He said to be a good businessman, we need to be smart to bait our client but now he tried to persuade my father. If my father falls for this, his plan to get my share back success. From there, I need to be more careful to not expose myself. If it does, he will do the same thing again.