part four | a lot could go wrong

It was finally night. I'm having dinner with Dominick for the last time as boyfriend and girlfriend, because by this time tomorrow we'll be married. The grin can't seem to leave my face.

I got my nails painted a pretty pastel pink, and my hair flowed down my waist in luscious waves.

I parked my car and walked inside the restuarant me and Dom decided to meet at, feeling the usual stares as always. Not that I'm concieted or anything, but I do look pretty fucking hot right now. My hand involuntarily just went to hold my stomach. Huh. Weird.

I see Dom staring from across the room, and I resist the urge to stop and stare at him. He looks fine as hell. He's dressed in a blue open blazer with his clean, white dress shirt on display. His slacks fit his legs so nicely, which is a weird thing to be attraced to, but I love my man. 

Dominick pulls me in for a passionate kiss when I reach the table, but I force myself to pull away, despite my soaking panties.

"You look, delectable." Dom says, smirking. He's giving me the 'your ass is mine, later' look.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

"Oh, really," he laughs, "I guess I'll have to change your mind once we get married."

"Alright. How was your day?" I responded. As he began to reply, I thought about the pure happiness in this moment. He spoke to me in such a soft and comforting way that in this moment all I wanted to cuddle up with him and never leave his arms. Kiss him forever. "I love you." I interuppted.

"I love you too, baby."

And then it happened.

Gunshots rung out from left to right, all over the restaurant. I ducked under the table, pulling Dominick with me. I tried to place myself in front of him, but as if he knew what I was about to do, he moved me behind him, his hand lingering on my stomach. He shot me a look, and I immediately felt guilty. The baby. I had forgotten about the baby in my own stomach.

More gunshots errupted. They were loud and defeaning, and the screams only made it worse. I didn't realize that I was also screaming until I seemed to fall back into my body from the out-of-mind conciousness that I was previously in. I wanted to scream again when I saw Dominic pull out a gun.

My Dominick. With a gun.

I was frozen again, but no sounds came out this time. He kissed me on the cheek, and then stood up, and left from behind the cover of the table. 

Why was he carrying a gun? Why was he so calm about this? 

Who in the hell am I marrying tomorrow?

BRO IM SORRY. IM SLOW. I LOVE YOU GUYS. ALMOST 400 READS. KINDA CRYING.