Chapter 5: Gossip

Pic to the side is Corey

Paige and Pepper will be in the next chapter.

All the characters are based on what I think the children of the characters would look like from "Heart no Kuni no Alice." BUT NONE ARE USED! All ideas are drawings are mine!~ Any questions? Ask away~ <3

~ ~

Sarah Pov

I sat by the garden peacefully. Waiting for the signal that I could go to the Neutral Territory and go to my friends. Everyone in the castle was busy, leaving me alone and bored, so like usual. I sent out a message to my friends.

A small bell was heard from my right.

I got up easily and walked to the stables, getting Kayla and getting onto her, galloping away in my black dress. At the midway point, my best friend Corey stood there with commoner clothes, next to Paige and Pepper her adoptive sisters. I quickly changed, since we were in the middle of the road. Putting the rag dress over my bra and panties, putting on ruffle bloomers. They were far more comfortable than other things that I was forced to wear at the stupid castle.

Paige and Pepper took Kayla to the Cheshire barn.

Corey smiled and took my clothes and folded them carefully into a backpack. She grinned and took out her gun and spun it around her finger in a playful manner,but even with that fast spinning I saw that she (thankfully) had her safety on.

"Hello Corey, my little Bun-bun." I said a tad playfully she grinned, her black rabbit ears twitched happily.

"Hello Sarah, my Speedy Princess." She said poking my nose, reaching into her pocket for the pocket watch with the White Emblem on it, checking the time, a habit that she had when she was happy. Even though Corey was from the White clan, she was thrown out, found by the Cheshire clan. She was raised by the Cheshire clan, and received her marks just like any other Cheshire.

There was Paige and Pepper, both twins, a pink-purple like color of short hair, they both had scarves with the same colors in the generations, but longer than their ancestors, and thinner. They wore black gloves, and black skirts with matching symbols but with different colors. Paige had a pink color, while Pepper and a blue color. They wore the same black top without sleeves and had piercings in the correct places, as was tradition for the Cheshire clan. It was this way they found people who imposteriser to come and do something. Cheshires used to be hunted for their great knowledge and powers of magic. I heard that their great grandpa found Alice, my great great grandma, and took care of her.

Enough of that and the fairy tales that come with it. Pepper and Paige grabbed both of my hands and pulled me to their small isolated cabin that they made themselves. It was just on the outskirts of the Neutral Territory. Also known as neutral grounds. This is where the War doesn't 'exist'. Nobody is allowed to fight on this territory, or they mysteriously disappear.

I don't know much about it, but I'm not going to fight at all, plus Father never minded me going to Neutral Territory before, I don't see why he wants me to stay at the castle more than ever because of the stupid marriage.

I just hope Haru doesn't try anything on me when we're married. No offense to him, he's a nice guy and all. But I can't see myself growing up and having kids with him. My mind flashed to Prince Roy and I blushed. Before I could hide it Corey jumped in front of me, grabbing my cheeks with her hands.

"Somebody's thinking about someoneeeee~ Who is it!?" She squealed, and the twins stopped, boxing me in.

"No way! She's blushing?!" The twins yelled, as I turned a deeper red.

"Guys... Can we talk about this inside?" I asked, watching as some other commoners walked past the house, to the town whispering. The girls rolled their eyes and pulled me into the house.

As soon as the door was closed and locked I was thrown on the couch in the living room.

"Speak." All the girls commanded, sitting on the floor like little kids, waiting to hear a story. Except they were more demanding.

"Alright, alright. Calm down, don't make me get water." I said rolling my eyes. The twins hissed, their scaves thrown over their heads as if annoyed of water.

Trust me, trying to make them take a shower is worse...

"So, you heard about the stupid marriage, right?" I asked and all three nodded. Sly smiles on their faces. "Well, I kinda went to the border cliff... And met Prince Roy...of Hearts." He may have been my enemy, but he was defiantly cute. Plus, I don't understand why I'm supposed to be enemies with him.

"And?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" All the girls screamed, anxious.

"... I kinda thought he was cute..." I mumbled to them. They squealed.

"OH MY GOSH!! FINALLY SOMEONE YOU'RE ACTUALLY INTO!"

"But he's the enemy." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Your point?" Corey asked, winking. Her black ear twitched.

Yes. Corey has black bunny ears, along with her soft black hair. You see, normal people... animal things from the White Clan, have white ears rabbit ears, hair, and red eyes. Corey was born different, with long black hair, and enchanting blue eyes; becoming out casted.

She would have died if it wasn't for Pepper and Paige, who found her when they were younger. Corey wore a soft green coat with a pink and white striped bow at the front. On that coat was a pocket where her pocket-watch was being held.

I sighed. "I cant do anything with him, he's the enemy!" I yelled in annoyance.

"Yeah, you can. Its called- SEECRETTSS!" The twins said, their eyes sparkling.

"WHICH YOU GUYS CANT EVEN KEEP!" I was getting frustrated now.

"Oh come on! This is the FIRST EVER TIME, you're interested in some guy, this means stuff!" Paige yelled, jumping up with soft clangs as her charms moved.

"So? Its just a crush."

"YOUR FIRST CRUSH!" Pepper screamed, grinning from ear to ear. I rolled my eyes.

"So what? Its just a crush. Stop being so.. so.." I searched for words.

"Fan Girly? Fanwomany? Fan Queeny? Hyper? Happy?!" The girls listed them off. I shook my head at each and every one.

"Insane." I nodded slowly at the best word. Everyone including me laughed.

"Anyways. You should sneak off to find him." Corey said, grinning with such creepiness.

"Why would I sneak off to find the enemy?" I asked, confused. Paige wiggled her eyebrows.

"Why not?" She said again with creepiness.

I gave her the warning look, to drop the subject. She sighed softly and rolled her eyes.

"You're just grouchy cause you know we're right." Pepper said, folding her arms in front of her chest. I sighed, and just shook my head lowly.

"Whatever you think." I chanted. Pepper smiled and patted my head, I play hissed foriously and swatted at her hand. "I'm just going to lay down for a bit." I told her giving her a bit of a play glare. She nodded and shooed me away. 

"Girls! I think we should begin to plan." I heard Paige as I shut the bedroom door and flopped down on the bed. Corey wouldn't allow them to anyways, she's too OCD with time for such things.

I found myself falling asleep quietly.

*end chapter*

~ ~ ~

I don't know what I was planning to do, so I hope to come back to this book one day and finish it.

Comment

Vote

Something

~Anna