Chapter 2: Marriage

Sarah stared into her cranberry juice as it swirled around, with the noise and talking at the annual Suits ball. Her younger brother played with his chess set against himself, red against black. He “play killed” the prince of hearts. My father patted him on the head gently,

“There’s a good boy! Do that in real life and you’d make my day!” he proclaimed with a smiling face.

He then looked at Sarah with concern as she didn't say anything to him. She just nodded to her younger brother, who was too old for toys and in the land would already be in the military if he was a commoner

There was a light tapping,high pitched and loud enough for Sarah to hear through the talking.

Everybody became silent as they saw who was doing the toast. It was the Queen of Clubs.

“A toast! To the future marriage of my Prince Haru and Princess Sarah!” She said in a dignified way.

Sarah snapped her head up at the mention of her name,confused. Her brother smiled and high-fived her.

“Yay! Big Brother Haru!” He yelled jumping into Haru’s arms as Haru stood up waving a hand.

Haru looked at Sarah and looked away, fighting off embarrassment.

Sarah sighed wondering. ‘What am I going to do now? I don’t want to get married...And I defiantly don’t like Haru like “THAT”’. Its a little too awkward, we’ve known each other since we were born, and I only like him as a friend.’

Sarah could feel some rage seep into herself as people came up to her and congratulated her. The atmosphere began to choke the living hell out of her, feeling cornered she stood up, excused herself, leaving the ballroom, outside into the courtyard. Looking over her shoulder, she seemed to be checking if anybody was following her, yet there was not a single person in sight. She smiled and took off her high-heels. Her feet had blisters, but the cold night air soothed the stinging. Throwing her shoes into the bushes, Sarah ran towards the barn, where her horse, Kayla, was being kept. She wanted to escape for a little while, nobody would notice if she was gone for an hour... or two...right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sarah was at her thinking place, it was close to the Border of Black and Red Suits. After passing through a forest, at the end there is a small meadow filled with roses, of every color, essentially red and black, there was a small path, enough for a horse and it’s owner to pass through without disturbing the roses. At the end of the path there was a cliff, overlooking wonderland. That is where Sarah sat, watching the soft stars that overlooked wonderland. She sat on the cliff as Kayla ate grass, because she knew better than to eat roses. Her dress was ripped in some places and the pure white color was tainted green, red and black from the flowers,dirt and grass.

Suddenly the earth beneath Sarah gave way, causing the land to slide down. Sarah had little time to even react or do anything. A small scream escaped her lips. After falling about 70 meters she landed with the earth she was sitting on with a BAM. She seemed to be fine, but her foot hurt, horribly.

Kayla sensed something was wrong. She began to whine and galloped to where Sarah used to be. Kayla began to process what was going on, looking away, she ran down the field, through the forest, to the border and waited by the road where somebody was sure to notice the white horse with a black mane, beautiful, and strong. Sure enough a carriage was approaching, It had the symbol of hearts (♥) but Kayla didn’t care. She just needed help for her owner. She stood in the way of the carriage. Seeking attention, and help. They carriage slowed as a man, about 17 years old came out of the carriage, wearing royal cloths, but to Kayla this seemed as simple as dirt. Kayla didn’t have time to think about cloths, but her owner. Kayla ran towards the man. The man put his hand out to pet her then grab her collar.Kayla let him. Then let him get on her saddle. She then sprinted to the forest.

“WHOA! HORSE! STOP!” The man yelled, panicking. He grabbed the reigns and pulled on them hard. Kayla moved her head to the side, but refused to stop or change directions. Her owner’s life was in danger.

She stayed at full speed until they reached the meadow. The horses of guards that were behind him followed at full speed but could never surpass Kayla, she was fast. She kept fast , not looking at the Roses, but the man on her back was amazed, not only at how fast she was going, but the scenery he saw. After leaving the meadow, she slowed to the cliff and yielded, throwing the man off her back and whined, pointing down towards where her master was laying. She whined and snorted. Looking at the man and back.

The guards behind him caught up. And saw the man sitting up. They were about to shoot the horse when the man yelled. “Stop!”

The man stood up and walked towards what was left of the cliff. Seeing Sarah he gasped quietly.

“MEN! Get her up here!” He yelled pointing at Sarah. Kayla snorted out of relief, and tiredness. She lay down and watched as the men went down to fetch her Master. The man walked up to Kayla and pet her head, and ran his fingers through her mane. Admiring the fact the horse went through this much to save the owner.

A shriek was heard along with a thump. And a cry of “Perverts!” Kayla stood up quickly at the sound of her master’s voice.

The man went to the hill and saw the girl sitting up, one hand on her right foot’s ankle and her other foot in a fist, one of the guards was on the floor, with a bloody nose, the other was trying to talk to her, and the last guard was tending to the first.

The man smiled to himself. “What is your name, fair maiden?” He called down to Sarah. Smirking at her actions.

“Where’s Kayla!?” Sarah yelled glaring at the Man, from down where she was.

“Who’s Kayla? You mean your horse who so admiringly saved you from your cold death by bringing help? Yeah She’s here” The man said glancing at the Kayla who stood on alert, after hearing her master’s voice and shriek.

“Oh...Good girl! When  I get home you’ll get some carrots and apples.” Sarah said. Still watching the men around her. The second guard had given up on talking to her and helped the first guard up.

“Well...do you want to get up from down there or not?” the man asked, intrigued by the Sarah’s actions and tone

Sarah paused for a moment, lowering her guard slightly. as if she was thinking about going up or not.

“Guards just bring her up here please.” The man said hitting his head with his hand, the girl was stubborn, but that made her all the more interesting.

The guards began to grumble as they brought her up, she scowled, her dress was now dirtyer than ever.

She was on the shoulder of the third guard. As if she passed out. They came up from the steep hill made by the landslide.

When Sarah and the guards came up to the top of the cliff Kayla snorted out of happiness. Seeming to look annoyed, Sarah took her left foot and kicked the third guard, causing him to drop her and fall back. Sarah landed on one foot and fell back onto her but, and sat there, her back facing the guards, looking at the man.

“Hello Mr. Pervert. Whats your name?” Sarah asked smiling, her foot still in pain yet her face refusing to show weakness.

“Prince Roy of Hearts, at your service my maiden.” The man said bowing his head a little. Sarah frowned and her face became pale and not only because of the pain in her leg, but because she’s surrounded by the enemy.

“Kayla! Svadinera!” Sarah yelled her hand up in the air. Kayla the horse understood this signal. Kayla ran towards Sarah and stopped right in front of her, Bowing at an angle, giving not only a jumping head start, but a easy way for Sarah to get on the horse without a problem. But Kayla’s sudden stop made a dust cloud form around them. The guards huddled around the Prince. Sarah used her one foot to go behind her and pushed from the soles of her foot to get onto the saddle. She then took the reigns and Kayla already knew what to do.

“Fare’well Roy! Stay out of my way or else.” Sarah said with a glare. And they took off with the gust of wind.

(A/N: I TRIED D: Well? What do you think of it so far? Keep or Trash? :o)