Calypso Steals My Thing

Percy

The demigods that had turned to the Oneiroi's side ran. Octavian was one of them. I grinned at the sight of his retreating figure. The remaining monsters weren't so cowardly and continued to attack our demigods.

Annabeth and I were just about to join the fight when a large swirling of air and water started to form. A hurricane. Annabeth looked at me. I shrugged, "I'm not doing it."

"Then who is?" She mused.

We made our way to the middle of the now very large hurricane, where we could see the silhouette of a body. We made it to the eye of the hurricane where it was calm and we were able to recognize who was doing it.

It was Calypso. It made sense that she could create a hurricane, and was able to keep one of this magnitude going for so long. Her father was the Titan of endurance and her mother was the Titaness of the seas. She was the one controlling the hurricane and we watched as it swallowed up the remaining monsters, spitting out dust and smoke.

The hurricane slowed and Calypso started to fall. I raced over to her and caught her before she hit the ground, placing her arm across my shoulder to help her stand.

"I've never been able to do that before," Calypso breathed while she panted.

"Your powers must have been suppressed on Ogygia." I offered.

"They must have," I passed her off to Leo when he reached us.

As soon as we saw that all of the monsters and demigods were gone, the field erupted in cheers. Demigods hugged, laughed, cried, and congratulated each other. I picked up Annabeth and spun her around, both of us laughing up at the sky. When I placed her on her feet she drew my head close and her lips found mine for a victory kiss.

We gathered up any of our fallen comrades' bodies and helped the injured stand and walk. We made our way back to Camp Half-Blood, choosing to walk instead of using a portal. When the campers that had stayed behind at Camp Half-Blood saw us, they cheered. Chiron smiled when he saw that we were okay and quickly helped to treat anyone's wounds. Annabeth and I didn't want to bother the healers with our minor injuries and settled for a few sips of nectar and a small square of ambrosia.

After I let Annabeth deal with the Amazons I walked around the woods, thinking. Chaos appeared.

"Hello. What are you doing here?" I asked, tossing a rock between my hands.

"You must leave soon."

I froze and the rock fell to the ground. "What? But I thought I could stay here longer now that we're both Chaos. Did you lie to me?" I glared at him.

"No, I did not lie. Normally you would be able to stay, but this time I was also on earth to help the Olympians with Typhon. If I hadn't come, you would not have to leave yet. But since I have, you must." Chaos explained lightly, knowing that I had been looking forward to staying longer.

I muttered a curse under my breath. "Great."

"I am sorry." Chaos patted my shoulder before he disappeared.

I sighed and kicked things around the forest for a while longer. I wasn't sure where I was going, I was just thinking. Especially about what I had realized about the River Lethe and Pontus. I knew that he was dead now and that he had told me why he did what he did, but there was some part of me that wouldn't let it go.

I wandered into the clearing that held Zeus' fist. Annabeth sat on top of it talking with Jason. "Hey guys," I greeted and climbed on top of the rock joining them.