Chapter 20

Dekus' POV [Quick Recap]
Shoto pulls me right into a hug "Ow" I hear him whisper "What is it?" I ask worried "It's nothing" he lies "I know you are lying, tell me" I say "After school, okay?" He offers "Fine but you can't lie to me"

After school~~~

Shoto and I walk out of class hand in hand, we agreed to go to my house so Shoto could explain why he was hurt when I accidentally hugged him.

It wasn't a long walk but the silence was killing me, I was worried and I wanted to know that Shoto was okay. When we arrived at my house we were greeted by my mum "Hello Izuku, oh and Todoroki, how did things go with the whole kissing thing" she asks as my face goes red, Shoto lightly chuckles as I take his hand and head to my room "I'll explain later" I call back to my mum, we walk into my room and both sit on my bed "Please tell me what's going on, I'm worried about you why did it hurt when all I did was hug you?" I ask concern evident in my voice. Shoto stands up and pulls up his shirt revealing purple bruises littered all over his body and many cuts tracing his skin, I cover my mouth with my hands too shocked to say anything "My dad" he says "H-He did th-this, why?" I ask "Training, he wants me to be the number one hero do I have to train hard to reach his incredibly high standards and when I don't, this happens" he explains "I-I'm so sorry, I never n-noticed before" I feel tears build up in the corner of my eyes "Hey, it's okay, I'll be fine" he brings me into a hug which sent me into a sobbing fit, all I could muster up was babbled apologies while Shoto kept trying to calm me down.

"Is everything alri-- Izuku are you okay?" My mum runs up to me "What happened?" She asks "C-can Shoto stay the n-night?" I ask as I don't want him to go back home to that monster of a farther "Sure but why are you crying?" She asks, Shoto steps in and explains the situation for me. "Izuku, that's not your fault, all you can do is be a good friend for Todoroki" I swear I heard her whisper 'boy' in front of 'friend' but I decide to ignore it "I know, but I just want to be able to help" I complain "You are helping, you're a great friend and I'm glad I can trust you with this" Shoto argues, I hug him trying to be careful not to hurt him he hugs me back and I can feel my mum watching us like a hawk.

After dinner Shoto and I realise we have no where to sleep other than my bed "Mum, where is the pull out mattress" I ask "What pull out mattress, we don't don't own any of them, I guess you will just have to both sleep in your bed, oh well" she laughs clearly lying "It's fine, if you are really uncomfortable with sleeping on the same bed I can sleep on the floor" Shoto offers "No, I'm not letting that happen" I grabs his hand and take him to my room. I hop in bed and watch as Shoto follows "You sure you're okay with this?" He asks "It's fine" I say truthfully. Before when go to sleep I quickly give him a peck on the lips, he grabs my face so I don't pull away so quickly, I take time to enjoy the feeling on my lips as I close my eyes and feel my whole body relax.