31.

3:05 A.M.

Crystal

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want anything to trace back to you two

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want anything to trace back to you two. I just-"

I quickly cut Jacob off, putting my hand up. "No don't start. I already told you that you're not doing this alone." He looked at me with a concerned look, but he didn't respond.

Honestly at this point I was so shook. I was literally about to help ditch the body of the man who attempted to sexually assault me. He was shot dead..... in front of my eyes.....

The scene of the moment started to rush back into my mind, but It was quickly interrupted by my mom touching my shoulder. I quickly looked back. "You okay honey?" She asked. Awkwardly nodding, I forced a smile. "Yeah I'm fine."

"I'm not!" Chris blurted out. We all looked at him. He was leaned up against the wall. Honestly I didn't even know why he was here. "Why are you even still here?" I frowned. "Because you're here. I have to make sure my baby is straight. I'm not leaving you here in no shit like this. I'm not gonna let this weird ass nigga hurt you."

Jacob took a deep breathe as he scrubbed the blood up from the wooden floor.

"Your language please." My mom pointed at chris. "I apologize mama." He said.

Shaking my head, I walked towards the door and stepped out. I needed some fresh air. I hadn't fully taken in everything that had happened tonight. It's just so crazy how fast things escalated. It went from helping jacob to his crazy father showing up trying to harm me and before I knew it, he was shot by jacob's little sister......

I can't even believe how we hid what had happened from the police! "Oh my gosh.." I rubbed through my hair, pacing back and forth. What if someone sees us dumping the body? I can't go to jail!

"Fuck fuck fuck..." I breathed.

The sound of the door opening and closing startled me, causing me to jolt a little. I quickly turned around seeing Chris.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Are you ok?" He asked. I shook my head. "Leave me alone please."

"No.." He sternly said. "I'm not leaving you alone here with that dude. He's gonna get you fucked up crystal. I can't let that happen." He inched closer to me, whispering, "There's a fucking dead body in there god damnit that YOU helped hide."

"Chris-"

"Crystal, listen to me please. I know you hate me for beating his ass or whatever, but I care about you, okay? I don't have a good feeling about him. I think he's kind of off and I don't want anything to happen to you." Chris spoke lowly, looking at me in the eyes. "If the cops find that body that he plans on dumping, not only will he be fucked up, but you'll be fucked up too. Do you actually think he won't mention your name to the cops if he gets caught? You barely know a thing about this guy, he could be hiding something."

I stood there taking in everything chris was saying...

What if all of this did backfire and jacob gets arrested? There's a chance I could go down too...

Different thoughts began to overwhelm my mind, but I quickly shook them off.

"Rather you like it or not chris, I'm helping him. I can't just let him do this alone." I walked off, but chris quickly grabbed my arm, roughly pulling me back.

"And why the fuck not?" He frowned. "I'm trying to help you. Just listen to me. I'm not bullshitting crystal. Things can go left very fast and you do not need to take that risk!"

"Chris let me go.." I said calmly.

He then grabbed my face harshly and looked at me for a few seconds.

"Crystal is everything okay?"

Chris quickly let me go as my mom joined us outside.

Chris and I exchanged glances. "Yeah It's fine. We were just talking about something."

She nodded. "Okay well, you two might wanna come in for a second."

"Why? is something wrong?" I frowned. "Just come in." We all went inside and chris shut the door behind us.

The first thing I saw was jacob standing over the wrapped body with a blank look of shock on his face. I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"He's breathing.." My mom said. "What?" I frowned, quickly walking over. I stood, looking down at the body and sure enough I could see the stomach slowly rising and sinking, but abnormally. "Oh my..."

"I-I..." Jacob stuttered. "I thought he was dead!"

"How is he breathing?" I frowned in confusion.

"I don't fucking know, I just heard a gasp and he was just breathing!" Jacob said.

"Yo what the fuck? The nigga is alive?" Chris blurted. "Take the bags off of him!" My mom added.

I backed up, feeling kind of weird. My mom knelt down and started tearing the plastic off of the face of the body until it was exposed. She quickly backed away once she saw the blood. "My god."

Mario's eyes were bucked open and his mouth was slightly open. You could hear him trying his best to breathe.

An ear piercing scream was heard. Everyone looked over seeing selena with a expression of fear on her little face. She was staring at mario. "NO!" she then got off the couch and fled up the stairs.

"Selena!" Jacob called after her and followed behind, leaving Chris, my mom and I there with....the body.

"I think we should leave.." Chris said. "This is getting crazy."

"I'm sorry crystal, but I think chris is right." My mom said lowly. I frowned at her. "What? You told him you would help."

"Well I'm having second thoughts. I felt bad for the kid, I can't have us getting into this! Your'e my daughter and you come first. I have to protect you, not support you in things like this. Do you know that there could be consequences? And they won't be pretty."

"I was trying to tell her that." Chris said.

"Mom I can't just-"

"I know he's helpless right now, but your'e my child, I just can't have you in danger baby I'm sorry." My mom said.

I looked at her for a moment and sighed...

Fuck.....

"Ok.." my voice cracked up.

I had to face reality and think about my own life at this point. I couldn't go to jail...not even for jacob.

"Come on." My mom said as she pulled me to the door.

We all left out, quickly jogging over to our cars.

"Is it alright for me to come over to your house?" Chris asked. My mom nodded. "Sure."

He then nodded back and got into his own vehicle. Looking at the house one more time, I got into the car and tears instantly started pouring down. I couldn't believe I was about to leave him like this after I told him I wouldn't

My mom cranked the car and left the property. "Honey I know you want to help him, but this is something you can't just be apart of and I had to realize that."

I'm sorry jacob...