3.

After School Crystal

After School
Crystal

"Regret in your tears, now you taste em. Cause you know I don't chase, I replace em. Don't rush take time, take some. I just wanted memories, tried to make some with you."

Shunté and I were on our way home and our favorite song "regret in your tears" by Nicki Minaj had came on the radio.

"Look at you now, stuck in the background. Silence right now sounds so loud now. Tried to let you go, you came back round." I sang along, driving carefully though.

I swayed in my seat to the beat.

And then my vibe was ruined....

Shunté had turned the radio down.

I glanced at her. "The fuck?"

"I'm hungry bro..." she said.

I kissed my teeth and turned the radio back up.

She laughed. "Bet if Shades dude was hungry, you'll swerve your ass to chic filet in a rush."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head playfully.

Speaking of him, I wonder what he was doing right now. I just wish I would have gotten more answers out of him today. Chris' stupid ass just had to pop up. But tomorrow I'll attempt to talk to him again. I just want to know him and understand him. He's so..... mysterious.

I dropped shunté home and made it to mine in a matter of about 15 minutes max.

"Ma!" I yelled, dropping my bag at the door and hanging my keys on the key rack. "I'm home!"

"I'm in the kitchen!" She called out.

I walked into the kitchen, but I was not happy at the sight.

I stopped in the doorway with a mug on my face. "Why's he here?"

There stood the man I disliked with a passion.

My mom's so called "friend" but I know they have something going on.

"Kendrick is staying for dinner honey, be nice please..." my mom said, giving me pleading eyes.

"Yeah be nice..." Kendrick smiled.

He knew I disliked him and I know he found it funny because regardless of how I felt about him, my mom was still going to have him around.