21.

JACOB10:15 PM

JACOB
10:15 PM

"Mr Perez?"

I slowly blinked my eyes open seeing the small Haitian woman beside my bed. She'd come to check on me frequently.

I groaned, turning my head a bit.

"I believe this is yours." She said.

I looked down at a device in her hand.

Frowning, I took it from her. "This my phone?"

She nodded. "Yes. I believe your principal or someone who works at your school found it."

I pressed the home button, seeing that it was completely destroyed. The whole screen was shattered and inked out.

I tossed it to the end of my bed. "Great."

Must've gotten stepped on or something while I was getting jumped.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked.

Looking around the room, I mentally rolled my eyes. I was still in this damn hospital.

"I'm fine. I told y'all that. Why won't y'all just let me go home?"

"The doctor says he wants you to stay over night to make sure that you're stable. There was a minor fracture to your skull and rib." She explained.

"Yeah I know. I'd just rather be at home." I said lowly.

Instead of being worried about my health, I was worried about Selena's safety. Even though Mario promised to not hurt her since I didn't rat him out, I still don't trust him.

Besides, I was used to this shit anyway. Nothing but bad stuff happens to me. Sad to say.

"I have to use the bathroom." I said, throwing my legs off of the bed and slowly leaning up.

"Ah." I groaned, instantly feeling a sharp pain shoot through my rib.

"Careful. Let me help." The nurse said, quickly grabbing my arm for support.

She helped me out of the bed and slowly over to the bathroom.

She stood there.

"Um, I got it from here." I said.

She nodded and stepped out.