X. Horrible Impersonation of a Pineapple

Start from the beginning

Be grateful bitch that I've reborn into a better, sweeter, gentler, and much more amazing new sou-

"What the fuck, you horrible impersonation of a pineapple!" I screamed and stood up from my desk, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

Mina poured juice all over my desk. "I'm so sorry! I didn't think-"

"Yes! You don't think!" I snap, unable to hold back my anger.

"I'm s-s-sorry Ava. I'm so sorry! I didn't think...I-I-"

Those lines replay inside my head, causing the unsettling emotions to boil up inside of me. The memories of Mina apologizing over and over, behaving like a victim when she was the one who slept with someone else's husband burnt my mentality.

"You surely didn't think! You fucking homewrecker!" Those words were lingering at the tip of my tongue.

Mina stood there, eyes scrunching up with tears as she held her horrific sunshine of a sweater.

Sarah, who sat behind me, handed me a handkerchief to wipe off the red juice. She shot Mina a nasty glare, causing her to back away.

"Calm down, ladies. It's just juice. Ava go clean yourself in the bathroom," the teacher calmly said.

Inhaling a deep breath through my nostrils, I walk out of the classroom. After a few steps down the hallway, I kick the locker. "Fucking bitch! I'm not even bothering you this time! Why do you have to bother me!" I hiss, then stomp my heels towards the bathroom.

Wiping my white shirt with an understanding that I need mom's help, I didn't bother to look where I was going. "Oh, I'm so s-" I look up to meet a deep pair of the forest like orbs. "Sorry," my tone was blander, and I stepped aside.

Luke steps to his right and blocks me. I closed my eyes and pretended he didn't do that and took a step to the left, which he replicates.

"Look, Parker. I don't need this right now," I scowl, feeling like my eyes were on fire.

"Your shirt."

I roll my eyes, "Oh gee! What's wrong with my shirt?" I said sarcastically.

He tugs a brow, "What happened? You're in a bitchy mood than usual."

Because I met that little hoe you slept with despite being married to me just five minutes ago, and she had the nerve to spill juice on my brand new shirt that dad bought for me!

"It's because a little hoe spilled juice on me, and a whore is blocking my way," I spoke in a gruesome tone, unable to bite my tongue.

He points a finger at himself, "Am I the whore?"

I roll my eyes and push him away. He lazily leans back, giving me a chance to walk towards my locker. Ignoring his irritating presence, I opened my locker and took out the spare shirt. "What?" I said, placing a hand on my waist.

His eyes cast down, "You still have it."

My brows furrow together, "Have what?"

"The shirt I gave you during freshman year."

I scrunch up the shirt in my palm and lift it, realizing it was the shirt Luke gave me during my freshman year. After my first cheer, I slip on the ground resulting in a dark wet shirt. Luke offered me his spare football jersey.

He jogs towards me and smiles, eyes scrunching in a devious manner. "Little klutzy, aren't you, Makee."

I pout, feeling my cheek burning, attempting to clean myself. "I'm not a klutz. I didn't see that puddle."

His grin only widened, "You mean that giant mud puddle in the corner of the field?"

I bit my lower lip to hold back the tears as the other football players imitate my actions from earlier.

Luke handed me a shirt, "Here. It's my spare. Take it."

I shook my head, "No, thank you," I replied, content with looking at him from afar.

He grabs my hand and pulls me closer. Instantly, Luke pulled the shirt on top of me. "If they think you're my girl. They won't make fun of you."

"That makes no sense."

He tilts his head, sweaty hair swaying to the side. "You don't get it, do you Makee?"

I shook my head.

He leans down, resting his palms on his knees as his warm breath layer over my skin. "They are making fun of you because you're adorable."

Luke was the only person that day who didn't laugh at me.

I tighten my hold on the shirt then shove it back at him. "Here," I said, then slam the locker shut and walk towards the bathroom to clean up the mess.

I forgot that I had that shirt.

"Makee!" Luke screams.