"Uruchi!" scolds Teyaki. "Give the girl a break, you're making her anxious!"

"Nonsense!" says his wife proudly. "As the leading progenitor for the next generation of little Uchiha, she ought to know that we expect kids!" You cough even more, and take a sip of water from your glass. Teyaki rolls his eyes.

"I apologise, (name)-chan," he says. You shake your head.

"N-no! It's fine!" you splutter, choking down the last of your water. You look around at all the other faces at the table. Fugaku and Mikoto seem to be smirking, Sasuke's glaring at his plate of food so hard it's like he's trying to fry it with his mind, and Itachi's as bright as ever, his smile continually plastered across his face. Uruchi lowers her voice.

"But, seriously dear, how many children do you plan on having?" she asks, looking as if she thinks no one else can hear her. Everyone's gone silent, and you feel the pressure of them listening to you weigh on your head. You clear your throat.

"W-well... I can't exactly say that I-I will have children, because, um, busy and stuff, but, uh... in an ideal world, I'd love to have... a lot," you say, tugging at your collar. Man, is it just me or is it getting hot in here?

Uruchi beams, pleased at your answer.

"You know what they say, seven is the lucky number!" she says in a delighted tone. You sweatdrop and give her a reluctant smile.

"Seven... seven is good," you say, a lump starting to form in your throat. "Aha." Your gaze slides over to Itachi, whose eyes have been focused on you throughout the duration of this insanely irrelevant conversation. He grins when you meet his eyes, and you quickly avert your gaze, flushing.

"I'm pretty sure your husband will be able to provide you with just that," winks Uruchi. "Imagine that! Seven little grandkids running around the compound! Doesn't that sound like a treat?" She directs her question at Fugaku and Mikoto, who until then had been quietly eating their own dinner.

"Hmm? Oh, of course," says Fugaku in a monotonous tone, nodding seriously. Mikoto beams.

"Seven would be delightful!"

You continue your casual banter with Uruchi, just literally counting the seconds until this entire ordeal was over.

"Right! Sasuke and I will clean up, you guys can go to the front and talk more to (name)!" says Mikoto cheerfully as everyone gets up from the table. Sasuke scowls at having to be on kitchen duty, and you feel sorry for him.

"It's okay, aunty, I can come and help too-" An arm wraps itself around your waist and you unexpectedly give a groan and eye roll combination, making everyone laugh. Of course. It's Itachi.

"No way. Did you think Uncle Teyaki and Aunt Uruchi only came over to eat?" he laughs lightly, snaking his arm upwards and putting it around your shoulders. You grimace as he leads you away from the dining room and look over your shoulder to see Sasuke staring right at you. You give him a small smile before turning back to walk with Itachi, who's chatting a lot. You're followed by the other adults, and Itachi motions for you to sit on the couch. He sits beside you, and the other adults take seats in the remaining chairs.

"Sixteen years!" beams Uruchi, reaching behind her seat and pulling out a brown paper bag. "Sixteen years since you first came into this world! Crazy, huh?"

You grimace. Your upcoming "birthday" wasn't actually your day of birth; it was the day you first stumbled into Konoha, orphaned, amnesiac, and alone. Uruchi leans forward, handing you the paper bag, and beginning to ramble again.

"Why, back in the days of old a girl would've already had at least one child by the time she was sixteen!" she booms with laughter. "Who's to say you won't pay testament to the old ways?" You sweatdrop, and you hear Itachi chuckle quietly beside you. This whole children talk wasn't really pleasant alongside the fact that you were sitting next to him. Teyaki manages a low laugh.

"Go on, open it," he says, winking. "I wanted to get you something more practical, but Uruchi insisted we get you those." You raise an eyebrow and begin to question whether you actually wanted to open your gift. Unthinkingly, you hand it to Itachi.

"You open it for me, I feel nervous," you say in a rambling voice. Uruchi's reaction isn't quite what you expected.

"Ah, of course! Yes, Itachi, be a dear and open it, will you?"

Eh? Wasn't she supposed to be offended?

The raven chuckles as he opens the bag and puts his hand in. You hold your breath, expecting the worst...

"Ah! How adorable!"

You make a loud noise as Itachi pulls out baby clothes.

"Wh-what?!" you exclaim, grabbing the bag from his lap and looking in. Sure enough, there folded neatly, was a full set of winter clothes for a baby boy. You look up at your aunty, who's laughing gleefully at your reaction. Teyaki and Fugaku grimace.

"There must've been a misunderstanding, I'm- I'm not-" The talks she'd been grilling you about at the kitchen table suddenly began to make sense to you.

She thinks I'm pregnant?!!?!?!

"Hehehe, I know you're not, my girl, but these are just for the near future!" Itachi takes the back bag from your frozen hands and begins pulling everything out.

"My, my, aunt Uruchi, you've certainly got everything covered, haven't you?" Turns out, there wasn't only a boy's outfit, but a girl's one too, which lay hidden at the bottom. He pulls out two little boxes wrapped in ribbons and opens them for you to see.

"Look! She even went so far as to knit a pair of baby boots!" he says, smiling at you. You feel your face blanche at the suddenness of it all as he holds one pair of pink boots and one pair of blue boots in front of your face. You look up at your aunty, and smile weakly.

"Th-thanks, aunt Uruchi," you say in a small voice. She laughs in a booming voice.

"Any time, (name)! I full well expect you to put these to use later on, eh??"

You sweatdrop, and Itachi puts his arm around your shoulder reassuringly, laughing with the others.

Oh, god.