12.

"Brooke, come play with us!" I heard Anthony yell from across the court.

"No thanks im fine," I waved him off.

"Come on, girl, we are going to play." Tessa linked her arm into mine and pulled me.

"The things I do for you guys," I say standing up from my seat.

"Okay, everyone group huddle!" Jake yelled. "Let's pick new teams, since the girls and the uncles are joining in. "Who is going to be the team captains?"

"Let the girls choose." Chance said.

"Brooke, you and Tessa should be captains," Erika said.

"Im down," Tessa said. "How about you Brooke?"

"Sure." I said.

"Okay pick your teams." Jake said.

"Go first," Tessa said.

"Erika," I said

"Chance" Tessa said.

"Uncle Nathan" I said.

"Uncle Kade" Tessa said.

"Anthony" I said. I got a lot of hollering from everyone after that. Anthony just came by me and put his arm around me.

"Jake" Tessa said.

"Chad" I said.

"Justin" Tessa said.

"Wait that's actually no fair, you have Anthony, and hes a basketball player." Tessa whined.

"But you have Chance and Jake, so technically we are at a disadvantage." I shot back.

"Okay, yeah your right." Tessa smiled at me, "We are going to beat your asses."

"I'm hurt that I wasn't the first on your pick." Anthony teased.

"Sorry, maybe next time." I walked away.

"Brooke's team goes first." Jake yelled.

"Why does her team get to go first?" Tessa yelled back.

"Because they are going to lose anyway." Chance went to hug her.

I never told anyone, but I used to play basketball as well. Back in NYC, I was on a basketball team and everything. I was actually pretty good. In the middle of the game, I basically exposed how good I was. Not going to lie, everyone was shocked. During a timeout, Anthony pulled me to the side.

"You played basketball?" he said.

"A little here and there." I said.

"Well your amazing." He complemented me, and then we devised a plan. We called the rest of the team over.

"So, the fact that I'm really short, I can easily duck and intercept the ball. It's a bonus," I said, "New game plan, If you have the ball pass it to me and Ill take it down the court, ill pass it to Anthony and since hes tall, he can make the shot. Is that okay with everyone?"

"As long as we win, and I can rub it in Jakes face." Erika said. Everyone agreed with her.

Back in the game, everything was going great. We were winning by 5 points. With 15 seconds left on the clock, I rushed down the court. Jake decided to play a dirty trick on me. He tripped me. Somehow, I twised my body, and my foot and fell to the ground. I screamed in agony. Erika was the first to me.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Obviously not! I'm in excruciating pain right now!" I screamed.

"Let me look at your ankle." She carefully lifts up my foot. Anthony come right next to me and puts his arm around me. "Its dislocated. We have to pop it back into place."

"What? Lets got to the hospital, I'm not having you it!" I screamed.

"Its barely going to hurt," she says, "Chad you do it."

"Okay, Anthony brace her." Chad said. Anthony holds on to me.

"Okay. 1, 2,3" Chad yells and Anthony puts his lips onto mine. Somehow my lips leaves his and I scream in agony.

"You said it wasn't going to hurt!" I scream at Erika.

"Sorry, kiddo, but at least its done." She hugs me.

"And why did you kiss me?" I look right at Anthony.

"I thought it would soften the blow." He said.

*Authors Note: Tessa = Brookelynn Chance - Anthony*

liked by tessabrooks, imanthonytruj, imchancesutton, and 102,750 others

brookelynnmendes Thanks for being there for me😘 @imanthonytruj// pc: @nathanspeiser 

view all 50,763 comments 

tessabrooks NOW THIS IS MY PARENTS!!! MY OTP❤😍

erikacostell relationship goals... and hey I was there for you too!❤❤❤

chadtepper honey, yall aint hit... and I agree with @erikacostell we helped you more😉🔥

jakepaul @imchancesutton our little boy is growing up so fast... OHIO!!!😂

imchancesutton @jakepaul I might cry tears of joy.. OHIO!!!😆

imanthonytruj ill always be there for you babe❤😘

themendesfamily AWWEEE Yall are too cute! Your parents would also like to meet Anthony! *HINT*💕💕💕

brookelynnmendes @tessabrooks @erikacostell @chadtepper thanks guys! I love you! @jakepaul still have not forgiven you yet... @imchancesutton dont worry ill take care of him @imanthonytruj aww you are too cute @themendesfamily hopefully soon!