"Everything seems fine."
"Really?" Stevie sat up on her elbows.

Gloria smiled. "It's normal to worry but everything looks greats. Your numbers are matching up. I can have a quick listen with the pinard horn. I can confirm a strong heartbeat for you before I go."

"That would be wonderful," Stevie found relief in that, wanting to tell Lindsey all about their healthy growing baby when she saw him.
"So do you have any feeling of what this one might be?" Gloria asked as she pulled out the horn

"I think it's a boy, but I'm scared to tell Lindsey that. He doesn't think that he could do a good job at teaching them how to do "manly" things."
"I think every man worries about that, but if you think about it they worry about protecting a daughter and knowing what to do when they ask questions about their body. Men freak out either way. Once the baby gets here, he's going to love it either way. I could tell the first time that he was an excellent man."

"He is, he really is," Stevie said, smiling at the memory of how great Lindsey was during the birth of their daughter. He was scared at first but he was her biggest support.
"We'll get him out of there, Stevie," Gloria assured her, "he'll be right there with you."
"I really hope you're right." Stevie said sadly. Gloria pressed the instrument to her belly and listened to the heartbeat, clear as day. Gloria smiled.

"And just what I thought, perfectly strong heartbeat."
"I'm so glad, I haven't been taking care of myself," Stevie admitted

"Let me handle the Lindsey situation. You take care of the kids."
"I can't thank you enough" Stevie said, a tear escaping the corner of her eye.

"Just take care of yourself, and I will keep you updated. You won't have to do this alone."
"Thank you so much, Gloria," Stevie hugged her as she wrapped up their time together. She showed her out and turned to her mother. "I have to go give this number to Lindsey's parents!"
"What is it for?"

"It's a doctor that can help. He works closely with the hospital and I think they will help him come home." There was a light in her eyes that hadn't been there in weeks, and Barbara gave her a warm smile.

"Alright, dear. Give the number to his parents then come right back. I don't what you to miss visiting hours."
"Okay!" Stevie sounded like an excited child before basically jogging over to the Buckingham house to give them the news
She was a bundle of nerves and excitement as she approached her door. She rapped three times, impatiently waiting for someone to answer.
"Stevie, what brings you here?" Morris asked
She caught her breath. "Well, I had a midwife appointment and she gave me the name and number of a wonderful doctor." He stared at her. "For Lindsey."

"He has doctors, Stevie. He's in a hospital that's taking care of him."
"No, they are just feeding him sedatives and locking him in a room. This doctor can actually help him!"
Morris pinched the bridge of his nose. "Come in. Let's show it to Ruth and see what she thinks." Stevie nodded and stepped inside.
"Stevie, are the babies okay?" She asked always fearing the worst when she saw her future daughter in law
"Yes, yes, everything's great, I just finished with the midwife and we talked about Lindsey and his stay at the state hospital. Turns out she knows an incredible doctor that could help us." Stevie said excitedly.
"Help how?" Ruth asked

"He can help us get him out!" Stevie smiled
"Stevie, he can't get him out. He needs the care there. He has outbursts, he could hurt himself or others." Ruth said, looking to her husband for his opinion.
"I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. You have turned your back on him while he is being mistreated. He is still your son," Stevie said firmly
"He is my son, and as his mother, I believe he needs the treatment he is being given."

"Ruth, I think we should give it a shot. If this doctor sees him as a threat, he will stay but we could have our boy back." Morris said. "Don't you miss him?"
"Of course I miss him, but I'm scared that he will grow worse if he is not treated."