Twenty four

A couple of weeks passed and Stevie and Lindsey were learning so much about parenthood. Sara was a good baby, only crying when she was hungry or needed a diaper. Lindsey would still help at night and Stevie was still nursing around the clock, especially during the growth spirt their little one was going through. During this time, Stevie too was gaining her strength back and was taking a more active role in the household again.

"Morning" Stevie said, getting out of bed to see Lindsey hovering over the bassinet.

"Say good morning Sara" Lindsey told the baby, picking up his dark haired little girl. The pair looked identical and Stevie smiled.

"Good morning baby girl." Stevie kissed her daughter's head. "I was thinking maybe we could visit your folks today. My parents get to see Sara everyday and I'm sure yours are just as eager to visit with her."

"I'm sure they are. That's a great idea, Steph."
"I feel bad for hiding her from them," Stevie chuckled

"Mom understands, she knows what it's like to have kids. Trust me, she gave me a whole lesson on babies."

"I know that you miss her and your brothers, maybe we could spend the day there."
"Thanks, angel." He kissed her forehead. "Before we head out, we should have breakfast though."

"Smells like mom is making something delicious downstairs."

"You head down, I will finish dressing Sara."
"Thank you, Lindsey," she kissed his cheek before making her way down the stairs

"Daddy doesn't mind, does he?" He cooed to Sara
Sara gurgled up at him and he smiled down at her. He went through the baby's clothes he had close by and found a pink ruffled dress. "You're going to look like a little doll! Mommy is bound to fall in love with you all over again."
He carefully dressed the baby, admiring his work until he realized that it was on backwards, "Don't tell Mommy," he whispered as he immediately fixed the problem
Lindsey kissed her head sweetly and carried her downstairs. As he entered the kitchen, Stevie's head popped up, smiling immediately.

"Hello! Oh my goodness she looks so pretty!" Stevie rushed to her favorite people and kissed them both on their cheeks.
"I picked it just for you!" Lindsey kissed her cheek in return

"She looks so precious!"
Stevie took the baby from Lindsey and cuddled her to her chest. "Did she seem hungry to you?"
"No, she was just perfect. Looking around at all the charms her mother had."
Stevie smiled, stroking Sara's back. "I love how warm and sweet she is in the mornings."

"She's sweet all the time."
"She definitely doesn't get it from her mother," Chris said as he walked into the kitchen, stealing a piece of bacon that Stevie had cooked
"Hey!" Stevie scolded, a hand on her hip, the other cradling her daughter.

"Play nice, you two." Barb said, though she found their bickering cute and harmless.

"I'll try, but only because Sara's here." Chris said.
"I'm sure," Stevie poked her tongue out at him, Chris pinching her arm as he walked back
"Ow!"

"I thought Sara was the baby." Stevie huffed and Chris laughed.

"Steph, you should eat something before we head out." Lindsey reminded her.

"Where are you two going?" Barbara asked, smiling brightly. Lindsey adored Stevie's mother. She was so sweet and kind, just like his own mother and the ones on tv.
"We are taking Sara to my parent's house. They haven't seen her much. I want Greg and Jeff to meet her, they haven't yet," He sounded slightly disappointed at the end, "But I'm excited!"
"That will be good for the both of you. How wonderful! Your first family outing!"