"I never wanted anybody the way that I want you."

"Didn't you have girlfriends? I mean, there's no way they could've resisted you."

He sighed. "I did, and they would beg me to sleep with them but I couldn't do it. I felt like something was holding me back, emotionally. I think my mom's death gave me erectile dysfunction. I would have the intentions of having sleeping with them but it never happened."

"How come?"

"At 18, I believe a guy is at his prime, sexually speaking, especially in college. Freedom, carelessness and being surrounded by beautiful women is a perfect set up for one night stands. Though, my mom died two weeks into my freshman year of college and that just shut me down."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What changed? Why me?"

"The moment I saw you, I felt something ignite in me. I had never felt that way for a girl. I had... desire. It burned and I knew that I needed you."

My cheeks became hot and pink. "Really?"

"Yes," he replied, grazing my cheek with his finger. "I would've taken you the second I saw you, but I wanted it to mean something for the both us. I didn't want it to be lust."

"I'm really sorry for pressuring you in the past. I didn't think you were a virgin. I thought that you were disgusted by me."

"No baby, it was the complete opposite. I was mesmerized by you. I just had to go about everything the right way."

"I'm glad it worked out," I whispered.

"Me too." He turned over to get a look at the time. "Shit, I have to meet my dad for brunch at noon. I'm going to take a quick shower, okay? You're more than welcome to join." He pulled the covers off and had his whole amazing physique on display.

"We won't get out the door on time if I joined you."

"You're probably right."

A heavy, depressing feeling filled my chest as we approached the apartment. I longed for Elijah and didn't want to leave him. The last few hours seemed so surreal and I didn't want to be snapped out of my dream.

"Are you sure you don't want me to buy some breakfast?" He asked. "I feel awful dropping you off with an empty stomach."

I blankly stared at him, trying to absorb as much as him as I could since I didnt know when would be the next time I saw him.

"Morena, are you okay?" He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to go," I admitted. "I want to be with you."

He hummed and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I don't want you to leave either, but I do have a few work related things to do with my dad."

"I guess this is what you meant by not having much time to offer," I sighed in annoyance and stared out the window. I couldn't be mad at him though. He did tell me that he was too busy to maintain a relationship, but of course I had to expect more.

"Its not going to be easy for me either, Morena." He squeezed my hand. "If you'd like, I can pick you up around 6 and we can make dinner together. I'll also drop you off to university in the morning."

I turned to him and beamed with excitement. "I can stay over the night again?"

"Yes," he said with a grin.

"Okay!" I cupped his face and kissed him eagerly. "I can't wait."

I stepped out the car and began to happy walk up the entrance.

"Morena," Elijah called out from the window.

I tilted my head to the side and then walked closer to the car.

"I hope what I'm going to say next doesn't scare you off."

"Okay..." I replied, unsure and anxious.

"As much as I would love to have a child with you, I would prefer it to be just us for a while. Do I need to get you plan B?"

My heart fluttered at his confession. He could envision a future with me and that was the most attractive thing a man could do.

"I track my periods and ovulation. I'm currently at low risk of pregnancy."

"Odds?"

"3%."

He nodded approvingly. "Kiss me, baby."

I leaned over the window and we begin to kiss with urgency. His tongue slid inside my mouth, gentle but dominating, and it stole my breath. I ran my fingers through his hair and pulled him in harder. He groaned softly before pulling away.

"We'll finish this tonight," he assured. "I'll see you in a few hours."

I waved goodbye and walked into the apartment complex. I was on cloud nine. Elijah knew what to say and how to say it. It was a dangerous ability, but I saw it as a blessing considering it's been used for good lately.

I opened the door and my smile faded when I saw Xavier on the couch, eating popcorn and facing the TV. He snapped his head towards my direction and raised his eyebrows. "Nice dress, Mo."

One of the bedroom doors slammed shut and Pia ran out into the living. "There she is!" She rushed up and hugged me. "He came over last night," she whispered into my ear.

"I know," I whispered back.

We pulled away and stood there awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact with Xavier.

"Well, I'm going to slip into something a bit more comfy," I announced as I slowly headed towards my room.

"I'll join you," Pia added.

"Okay, you two talk about me behind closed doors," Xavier said as he waved us dismissively.

"We aren't," Pia snapped.

"Okay," he doubted.

Pia closed the bedroom door behind her. "He came last night to drop some cookies off and ended up staying because he got a fucking flat tire! His idiot ass ran over a nail and he also doesnt have a spare. He's waiting for a car technician."

"I saw his car pull into the parking lot yesterday before getting into Elijah's car. Did he ask about me?"

She looked at me as if I asked the dumbest thing ever. "I was interrogated!"

"What did you say?"

"I told him that I didn't know where you went and that you were gone before I got home from running errands with my parents."

"You tried," I said, trying to comfort her. "What time is the technician coming?"

"5:30 PM!"

"Elijah is going to pick me up again at 6. Oh my god," I whisper screamed.

Pia ran her hands through her hair. "We're screwed and I cant even ask your date because we've been in here for too long."

Although Elijah seemed fine with my friendship with Xavier, I wasn't ready to be with the both of them in the same room. I knew Xavier expected more from our relationship and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I couldn't reciprocate his feelings.

It was going to be an interesting evening.