Ralphy

We stood there, in shock. No possible way could be happening!!!!

The doctor opened his mouth, "Jacob, son, I am so sorry.... "

I witness a grown ass man, crying like a three year old who was lost and couldn't find his mom. Who could blame him? I found myself joining him. Close friends and family were all here. Even our couch's. Mom was out of breath.

"OH MY GOD!!!...MY BABY!!!!" I could hear mom shouting. Repeatedly.

The doctor explained to Geo and myself, how it happened. Geo's face was filled with heartbreak. I was filled with disbelief.

"She made the desicion without bieng asked," he said.

"what does that mean?" I asked quietly.

"She said no matter what forget me and make sure my baby's ok."

I looked towards Jacob, he was sobbing heavily, his mom and dad comforting him. Trying at least.

" we just didn't have the heart to tell her, her baby was already gone." Doctor continued.

Geo and I looked to him, " so, the baby was already..." i continued, " how? I mean how did it?...."

"There's no pin pointing it, it sometimes just happens," he shrugged, with sympathy in his face and voice.

"how is she?" asked Geo.

"stable, ummm we aren't sure how it'll play out.....she lost a lot of blood."

"well I mean, why was she... Was it her that caused the baby to .... You know? Or was the baby causing her to get sick?" I asked.

"son, sometimes things happen, medically we don't understand nature at times."

"I am very sorry." the doctor shook Geo's hand. Before he walked away I asked if we could see her. He told us he'd come back to let us know.