"Now," John readjusted himself next to me. "Where did ye wanna go today?"

"Well, we haven't been to the record shop in quite some time..." I pointed out. "And since our very own record jus came out...?"

John shot up off the bed, "Then let's be off!"

We walked down to the little store and pushed opened the old wooden door. The bell chimed as it shut behind us. John adjusted his blazer as he examined the isles of records.

"Ah! Would ye look at this, Macca!" John picked up a familiar album, "Please, Please Me. Wonder who it's by? Looks promisin' enough." John joked.

I blushed as I looked at the vinyl John was holding, a couple of handsome young lads staring down at the photographer in a complex of some sort.

"Yer right! Bet ye it's really amazin' work, John." I smiled up at him.

Then a group of boys walked into the shop with glaring looks. Boys John and I have seen hanging around Stu and Pete, ofcourse.

"Fancy seein' ye two togeva'." One boy taunted. "I'm not shocked, though."

John rolled his eyes and made an attempt to ignore them, but it was no use.

"Ye hear what that one did to Stu? Gave him a bloody broken nose!" Another one of the lads shouted while pointing at John.

"Can't ye jus give us a break? Stu started it all, ye know." I glared. John shot a look down at me and shook his head, hinting for me to stop.

"Stu told us what he saw in the boys' washroom, ye queer. We aren't scared of a couple o' fairies." The boy snapped back.

One normal day, it's all I ask!

"C'mon, Paul." John stormed passed the group and I followed close behind.

"And ye can take yer album and shove it up yer-" The boy shouted, until he was muffled out by the closing door.

"First school, now the record shop isn't safe!" I sighed.

"S'alright, Macca, we don't need 'em, once we get rich n' famous!" John gloated.

"How does this not bother ye? Ye were once one of 'em! Those were yer mates!" I exclaimed.

"Not my real mates. Only ye, George and Ringo are my mates!" John assured me, "I don't need their approval, anyroad."

"How in the world are we gonna shake off this rumor of ours?" I asked with stress in my voice.

"Once we graduate, we're never gonna see these people again! Doubt anyone will remember such a thing." John ruffled his hair. "We should jus get outta here before they follow us, or somethin'."

I nodded and we walked back to John's house with a little solemn looming over our heads. John was so persistent in making me believe that this didn't bother him, but deep down, I know it does.

It's not fair what Stu did, it's pure cruelty. Over something so insignificant as "Sorry, yer not in the band anymore!" This doesn't make much sense.

"John?" I asked.

"Yes, Macca?" He replied, turning to me.

"What's the real reason that Stu is so upset over this?" I spat out. "Over us?"

"Excuse me?" John asked with slight hesitation.

"There's no way it's jus 'cause the band. This is far deeper than it should be." I said.

"Macca, listen... I-" John began to sweat.

"What'd that note say?" I demanded an answer.

John sighed and shook his head, "Nothin'."

"John! Ye and I both know yer lyin'. C'mon? Tell me!" I prodded.

He fished into his pocket for the little yellow note and threw it at my chest. I picked it up and examined it.

"John. It really hurts me what you've done. It hurts me to see that you're with Paul. I get that you love him, I do. You've just got me so confused, now.
Well... I'm not through with you yet and neither will the school when they find out about you two. I'll be sure to see the end of it. -Sutcliffe."

"John? What is he talkin' abou'?" I asked with furrowed brows.

John stayed silent for a moment, biting back the words until he gave in.

"Stu, uh... He's really quite a guy, he... He had a thing for me. I guess. Though, I always insisted I was immovably heterosexual. He always... flirted wi' me when we were alone and I always shut 'im down. Then, when he found out abou' ye... guess it really hurt." John sighed and stared down at the pavement, "Now, he's jus hell-bent on turnin' everyone on me, I guess outta pure jealousy? I mean... Stuart may not look it, Macca, but he is very sensitive."

I stared blankly at John and shook my head. Stu? Liking John? Being jealous of... me?

"So, that's why he felt the need to expose us? 'Cause he's hurt?! Why would he out ye if he's queer, himself?! That's so... counterintuitive..." I chuckled in disbelief. "I knew it wasn't jus 'cause the band!"

"Stu's dealin' wi' a lot in his personal life, trust me. There isn't a lot of room for rational thinkin', Macca." John took the note and ripped it up, letting it fly away in the wind. "But he can try to hurt us all he wants, it doesn't bother me."

I stayed silent and recollected my thoughts, "Ye could've told me sooner, John..."

"I know, but I feared ye bein' jealous or thinkin' I actually liked the bloke in return." John's face contorted in disgust.

I sighed and took John's hand in my own, "Let's jus go home, Johnny boy." Was all I replied with.

At last, all of the missing puzzle pieces were beginning to form into place and thus revealing more and more things than I ever could've imagined on my own.