Honey Pie

===============================

     " Oh, Honey Pie,
you are making me crazy.
I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
So, won't you please come home? "

===============================

     We skipped on down to right behind the center stage to start practice before we go on. George was sat next to Richard's kit, strumming a few simple cords. Richard was drumming a slow beat and talking to the other boy.

     "Ello, boys." John greeted the two, hopping up onto the platform.

     "Ey." George replied, obviously preoccupied by his guitar.

     I turned to Richard, "So, what songs do ye wanna play tonight?" I asked.

     He drummed a quicker beat, "We could do Twist and Shout first... it always tends to stir the crowd up, yeah?"

     We sat and discussed a list of songs we were to play and what order to play them in. Once we figured out everything to the best of our ability, we practicied over and over again until it was time for us to go on.

     Although we're all pretty nervous, none of us could help but be excited for this.

     "Ey!" A man peered behind the stage, "Yer on in ten."

     We nodded and stood up and began to move our equipment into place.

     "Well, shake it up baby now! Twist and shout! Come on, come on, come, come on baby now! Come on and work it on out. Well, work it on out, honey.

      You know you look so good, you know you got me goin' now. Just like I know you would! Well, shake it up baby now,
Twist and shout! Come on, come on, come, come on baby now! Come on and work it on out.

     You know you twist, little girl, you know you twist so fine. Come on and twist a little closer now and let me know that you're mine, woo!

     Ah, ah, ah, ah, wow, baby now
Twist and shout! Come on, come on, come, come on baby now.

     Come on and work it on out, you know you twist, little girl. You know you twist so fine,  come on and twist a little closer now and let me know that you're mine."

     The crowd was cheering and clapping for us as they listened intently. Tears of joy threatened to make their way out of my eyes, but I tried my hardest to hold them back.

     Each time that John and I both sang into the mic at once, his breath brushed against my lips and it caused me to blush. I just loved watching him move and sing, it was like magic right infront of me.

     Oh, Honey, I wonder if you feel the same.

     We performed a couple of other songs we have written and the crowd seemed to enjoy those just as much. People dancing and singing along made my heart skip a beat or two.

     Once our set was up, we finally introduced ourselves.

      "I'm Paul McCartney."

      "John Lennon."

      "George Harrison."

      Richard paused for a moment,

      "And I'm Ringo Starr."

      We all glanced over at Richard...

     Ringo? He was going to go by a different name? An insult  I called him, of all things?