A Day In The Life

===============================

" I'd love to turn you on. "

===============================

Today is the first day that John and I would walk to school together, shockingly. You'd think that after going together for roughly 3 months now, we would have done this already ages ago, and yet here we are!

I prodded John in the arm, "Ey, Joooohn."

He lifted his head in a sleepy haze.

"...Yeah?" He then went to reach for his glasses, usually sat upon his night stand, panicking when they weren't there.

"Shit! I can't find me glasses, Paulie! Get up! Get up!" He rapidly threw the covers off of the both of us and shot up out of bed. John was legally blind without them, so it was pretty humorous to watch him stumble all over the room.

"John." I spoke up in a sarcastic tone and tilted my head at the boy.

He squinted his eyes deeply at me, finally taking notice, "Macca!" He then snatched his glasses off of my face. "C'mon, now! Ye can't be doin' that!" He smiled widely, wiping the lenses off with his tee shirt.

I shot my head back in laughter, giggling hysterically as he sighed. "We oughta get to school, yeah?" He asked exhaustively.

"Hah? Oh. Yeah, it's..." I checked my watch, "It's goin' on 6:30."

"Fuck! Okay, okay. Let's jus focus, Macca, ...and get ready, then." John began to get our uniforms and set them out infront of us. We quickly helped eachother get dressed as soon as we could.

"...Does this feel good, Macca?" John asked me in a tender tone of voice as he combed through my hair with a red brush.

"Yeah... Very good. It's actually... really relaxin', John." I said, fluttering my eyes shut slowly. He smiled down at me lovingly as he brushed through every tuft. I almost didn't want him to stop.

     Once he was done, though, he kissed the top of my head. "Ye look lovely, per usual." He replied as he wrapped his arms around me. "Goes well wi' out sayin'."

      We left the house soon after and made our way towards the school. I see George in the distance waiting on the corner, as he usually does. He looked extremely confused when he saw me walk with John from the opposite direction of my house.

"Ye spent the night at John's?" He immediately questioned us as if he was the press.

"Well, sorta..." I scratched my head, "I'm kind of... stayin' wi' John... jus for now..."

George's eyes widened, "Oh. So, ye finally got away from yer Father, then?"

I nodded.

"That- Thas really good then, Paul! Doesn't matter who yer sleepin' wi', so long as yer outta that nut house! Uh. S'bout time ye... got outta that place." George said happily, but I could tell there was a hint of sadness and maybe even a hallowedness to his voice. He shook his head, "So. Really, mate. I'm happy for ye."

I crooked my head at the boy in concern.

What was he thinking?

Anyroad, we all walked to the school together and eventually met up with Richard in the corridors, we sat down in the cafeteria until the bell rang, signaling classes to begin.

"So, after school today, should we meet at my place?" Richard asks, sipping milk from a tiny carton.

"Yeah, that'd work." I reply, taking a bite of my grits, "What do ye think, Geo?"