Enoch x reader

Y/n's Pov

The words cut through my heart like a knife.

"Why the hell would I have a crush on Y/n?!" Those were the exact words that I heard when I was walking to go fetch some water for myself.

I was in the kitchen filling up the glass when I heard my Best Friends Millard and Emma ask  Enoch something.

"So Enoch," Millard said casually. "May we ask you something?" I heard a grumble which I presumed was a Yes. There was a pause as if they were trying to figure how to word what they were going to say next.

"Do You Like Y/n?!" Emma blurted out. I was so shocked that I almost dropped my glass of water to the floor. Enoch seemed to be as shocked as I was because I heard him shout, "WHAT?"

"Emma and I were just wondering because whenever you're with her you are less grouchy which to add, you are with her A LOT," I overheard Millard explain. "Not to mention she's the only one you seem to only give a wit about. " Emma added on.

And that's when he said it. "Why the hell would I have a crush on Y/n?!" I winced as the harsh words escaped from his lips. "First of all, she is inhumanly clumsy. I mean she trips standing still for crying out loud! Don't even get me started on how annoying she tends to be. It's so hard to concentrate when all I hear is 'lalalalallalalaI whatcha doing Enoch, oops I just dropped something OH WELL!'"  There was a moment of Silence.

I never knew that I was so irritating to Enoch, he never even mentioned it. I always suspected I was though, I mean I can't count how many times I have dropped something of Value of his or when I made him drop it just by scaring him, but whenever I Did ask him he simply smiled and said that it was fine. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me as I realize how much trouble I've caused my beloved friend.  Then I realized something even worse, something that I thought I hidden well enough that it wouldn't surface again. I felt a few tears drip down my face as I understand that this swelling in my chest, the pain that my heart is feeling is Love. I've Fallen in Love with Enoch.

I can't recall what came over me but I took a deep shaky breath, put my Glass down and step into the hallway so that I was visible to the three.

"L-Look Enoch I know that I was annoying to you and I am so deeply sorry for that," I stuttered. "B-But you didn't have to l-lie to me about it" They all looked back at me in Surprise, Enoch being the most. Before anyone could say anything else I went upstairs and into my room and Locked it. I threw myself on my bed and cried letting all of my emotions out.

After what seemed like an eternity, I heard a soft knock on my door. I pondered for a moment thinking if I should open it or not. 

"Who is it?" I asked. The person didn't answer right away.

"I-It's me, Enoch.." Despite everything he said about me my heart still wanted to see and talk to him. I used my peculiarity to open the door without getting up and sat up from my bed. Enoch rushed to my side and hugged me.

"I am so so sorry about what I said to you Y/n, I never meant anything that I said." He put a few fingers in my hair and started to twirl it. "I didn't want them to know that I fancy you..." I seemed baffled by the whole ordeal, I mean to say that you hated someone one second and then say the completely different thing afterward is a bit hard to believe.

I pulled away from Enoch and turned away from him. "How do I know you're just saying this to make me feel better? I mean you just said like 10 minutes ago that you hated me." Enoch sighed and pulled his hand to my cheek.

"Y/n, I know that it's hard to believe but I do like you, I like you a lot. And yes I understand what I said is contradicting but I just said those things because I didn't want them to know." I nodded my head. "And you know how Emma and Millard get when they find out when someone likes somebody, Emma will keep asking questions and Millard will follow us around to see if we kiss or something!" I stifled a laugh knowing that it was true. I remember a few years ago when Hugh told him that he liked Fiona. Millard followed them everywhere for a month straight after that insisting that there was more to there relationship then they wanted to say.

I look up at Enoch's eyes and see that they were full of life, they weren't dull and gray like they usually were. I think about all of the times me and Enoch spent together, how many times he's hugged me, how many times we came so close to kissing, how many times we've been there for each other,  I realize that me thinking I wasn't good enough was beyond idiotic.

"So...you like me?" I asked nervously. Enoch chuckled and pressed his lips against mine. The whole world seemed to melt away as I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back causing him to smile. We pull back a few seconds later, both of us smiling like dorks. Enoch grabbed my hand and pressed it against his lips.

"I love you so much Y/n, no matter what I might say in front of other people." He wrapped me in another embrace.

"I love you too, Enoch," I replied.

Yay I finished another one shot (I kinda am more proud of this one then my Millard x reader) I really wanted to add this part in the end where Millard shows himself revealing that he was there the whole time and he heard everything but I didn't know where to fit it in. I also realize while re-reading this that Enoch may seem a little out of character but I don't think it's that noticeable. (right?) ANYWAYZ, have a Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon and I will see you in the next chapter!!! =3