21

Charlie's POV
I heard the door downstairs opening. I guess Elton is home. My phone started ringing. I saw it was Colby. I hit ignore and set my phone on the bed.

"Charlie! I'm home and I brought food!" He yelled and you could hear him coming upstairs. He came in through the door.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He said. He sat down and we started eating and watching whatever was on the tv.

Colby's POV
I can't believe Elton did that. Shea was really shaken over what just happened.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, yeah." I said. "I'll be right back." I said and got up and walked outside and dialed Charlie's number. I put the phone to my ear and bit my lip. She answered on the third ring.

"Leave me alone." She said.

"Hear me out. Please." I said. She sighed and said something to someone that was muffled.

"Fine. You have two minutes." She said.

"Look, I just wanna tell you that your little boyfriend came over and gave a few little punches to my face." I said.

"What?" You could hear the confusion in her voice.

"Elton came to Brennen's and threw a few punches at me." I said.

"He did what?" She asked even though she already heard it. "I'm gonna kill him." She said.

"Also, I wanna say I'm sorry okay? But I believe my best friend. You hurt me and I moved on." I said. I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind. I knew it was Shea.

"You're with Shea, Colby. You moved on way too fast. She was always there." She said. "I hate you. Don't ever contact me ever again." She said and hung up. I sighed and locked my phone sliding it in my pocket.

"Everything okay?" Shea asked.

"Yeah, let's get inside." I said. We walked inside.

Charlie's POV
I got off the phone with Colby and walked back upstairs. Elton was on his laptop editing.

"You punched Colby?" I asked sliding my phone in my pocket. He sighed and set his laptop to the side.

"Yeah, bu-" I cut him off.

"But nothing, Elton. You guys are best friends." I said.

"He hurt you and you're my best friend too. I look after my best friends." He said.

"But you just hit one of them." I said. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay? When I saw the picture of them kissing, I already knew they were together behind your back. Cause if he could move on so quick after you dump him, she was always there." He said. I sat beside him.

"Hey, I'm not mad at you." I said. He nodded. "Thank you for caring about me." I said pulling him into a hug. He hugged back and buried his face into the crook of my neck. We pulled away.

"You're the absolute best." He said.

"I know." I giggled.

"I also have to tell you, Amanda and I broke up today." He said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"She was cheating on me." He looked down. I pulled him into a hug again and he cried into my neck. This is how you know Elton and I are best friends. We comfort each other right after the other one finishes crying. Elton may do stupid shit, but he's still a good guy, why would she cheat on him? We pulled away and he wiped his tears away.

"Hey, you're a great guy. She's missing out." I said. He smiled softly. "Let's make a pact." I said. He cocked an eyebrow.

"Okay?" He asked cautiously.

"We take time to ourselves and not date anyone until we're absolutely ready. We go to the gym or do whatever it takes to better ourselves for us and not for anyone else." I said. He smiled.

"You got it." He said and we shook hands. We laughed immediately after. Being around Elton was almost easy, almost like it...belonged.

Elton's POV
It had been maybe an hour after I got home and we ate. Right now she was editing a video and I was watching some old TFIL videos on my phone. She was somewhat laying down with her head in my lap and her laptop set up on her legs somehow. Charlie is such a good person. I can't believe what Colby did to her. She's gorgeous, smart, funny and an animal lover. She spends so much time with Circa and I love it. Am I falling for my best friend?

"Earth to Elton." She said getting my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You okay? You zoned out." She said sitting up.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." I smiled. "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." She smiled. I smiled and locked my phone.

"Wanna have a Disney movie marathon?" I asked.

"Ah, a man after my own heart." She put her hands over her heart causing me to chuckle. I shook my head. "I'll go get the movies." She said.

"Okay, I got popcorn." I got up and walked downstairs and made popcorn and grabbed two sodas. I went to walk upstairs when the doorbell rang. I walked over and opened the door and saw Scotty and Todd. "Hey." I said.

"Hey, are we interrupting a movie date?" Scotty asked referring to the popcorn and two sodas.

"No, we're just watching Disney movies. What's up?" I asked.

"Well, you haven't responded to any of our texts or calls and we were trying to tell you we are doing a party tonight and we want you and Charlie to come." Todd said.

"We're good, we're gonna do our movie marathon." I said. I know Charlie wouldn't want to go to a party right now. We exchanged a few more words before they left and I walked upstairs. Charlie was waiting for me and I saw The Little Mermaid was paused on the TV. I don't like many Disney movies but this is for her. I sat beside her and she hit play on the movie.

~~~~~~~~
Is Elton falling for Charlie? Will they end up together? Find out soon. Also, okay, I have to say this. I hate working with teenagers. Mind you guys I'm 20 years old. I work with a bunch of teenagers and I absolutely hate it. Most of them don't do their work and they have hella attitudes that make me wanna punch them. There's also this one girl who is a year older than me and has a kid and she has a bit of an attitude and a smart mouth. I barely work with her, but she makes me wanna punch her in the face every time she talks. Some of the teenagers there I can handle because they work in the kitchen and I can joke around with them. I am not off till Monday, maybe, and I'm so ready for it. Also, I'm gonna be bitchy tomorrow at work and it's not gonna work out in anyone's favor lmao. Anyways, enough about today. I hope you enjoy the story. Comment if you want a relationship to form between Elton and Charlie or if you want Charlie and Colby to be back together!! If you guys choose Elton and Charlie, do you want me to do another story for just the two of them??? I wanna hear y'all's thoughts!

Follow
Vote
Comment 🦄