4

Charlie's POV

I woke up to the sound of a door slamming. I groaned and saw Colby wasn't there but instead a note in his place. I read it to myself.

Hey, I'm filming a video with Sam, Kat and Brennen. Try to sleep well xx. ~ Colby

I got up and walked over to the door and opened it and walked over to Sam's door and I knocked. The door opened and I saw Brennen.

"Hey, Charlie. I didn't know you were here." He said. I shrugged. I put on one of Colby's hoodies and walked in.

"Can I join the video?" I asked.

"Do you really want to? I mean, it's a scary one." Sam said. I sat beside Colby on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine to do it. So, what exactly are we doing?" I asked.

"The Midnight Man game." He said. I nodded and he started reading off the instructions.

"Wait, we have to prick our fingers?" Brennen asked.

"Yeah." He said. We went on to pricking our fingers with tacks and putting it on the paper with our names on it. We did the set up and stood outside his door and we knocked on the door 22 times and then went back inside and we continued the beginning of the video and then took our candles and walked out of the room shutting the door and we started walking around. Colby had an arm around me making sure I didn't hit anything. I heard a loud thud come from upstairs.

"What was that?" I asked.

"What was what?" Sam asked.

"I heard it, too. It sounded like it came from upstairs." Kat said. We kept walking around until the piano started playing by itself and everyone freaked out and ran upstairs and we sat in the hallway between Sam and Colby's room. Kat's candle immediately went out and Brennen relit her candle. Colby poured a circle of salt around us. A bang came from Sam's room causing us all to jump.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

"Not sure. We will check it when the video is done." Sam said. I nodded and leaned on Colby. We had finished the game and walked inside his room and he was still recording. His pictures were on the floor, his computer chair was on the floor and his bed was almost turned upside down. We blew the candles out and I noticed Colby kept trying to blow Sam's out and then the light started to flicker really bad and then we ran out of the room and out of the house.

"That did NOT just happened." Kat said.

"Colby, when you were trying to blow out his candle, it took you three times before the light flickered." I said.

"I know." He said.

"Bro, that means it's the devil." Brennen said. Sam set his camera on the hood of Colby's car and started talking to it.

"We're gonna all stay at Brennen's house tonight until we figure out what the hell just happened." Sam said and continued his video and finally ended it.

"My phone is upstairs in your room." I said to Colby.

"I'll go get it." He said and went into the house and I rubbed my eyes. A minute later he returned and handed me my phone. It was cracked.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"It was on the floor when I got in the room." He said.

"I'll fix the screen at a later date." I said. He nodded.

"I'll drive us to Brennen's." Colby said.

"Okay." I said and we got in his car. I buckled up and laid my head on the window and yawned. I slowly fell asleep.

Colby's POV

I didn't want her to play the game with us, she doesn't like scary things. We had an hour drive to Brennen's and I was gonna let her sleep. My phone started ringing and I answered it and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, it's Elton. Where is everyone? I got home with Amanda and no one is here." The person said.

"We're going to Brennen's." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Go check Sam's room." I said. I heard him walking and opening a door.

"There's nothing wrong with." He said.

"The bed was almost turned upside down, computer chair is knocked over and the pictures are on the floor." I said.

"No, none of that is messed up. All in the same spot." He said.

"Send me a picture." I said.

"Alright." He said and did something and my phone dinged and I saw it was a text from him.

"I'll check it when I get to a red light." I said and ended up at a red light and I checked it and saw everything was back to normal. What the hell? "I gotta show this to Sam. But anyways, we're staying over there tonight." I said.

"Okay. Is Charlie with you guys?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Alright. I'll see y'all tomorrow." He said.

"See ya tomorrow." I said and hung up and put my phone in the cup holder and I saw she was still asleep. The light turned green and I kept driving and I felt her hand on my wrist. I moved it to where I was holding her hand. We made it to Brennen's and I parked and shook Charlie lightly. She opened her eyes.

"Hm?" She asked.

"We're here." I said and we got out and walked inside and everyone was there. She sat on the couch and I sat beside her. I pulled the picture up and showed it to Sam.

"Who sent this?" He asked.

"Elton. Your room is completely fine." I said. He ran a hand through his hair.

"This is fucked up." He said. I nodded. Charlie cuddled up to me and fell asleep. I helped her and the rest of us talked until we all fell asleep on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a chapter for you guys!

Follow

Vote

Comment :)