Chapter-9

"So I'm adopted?" I asked keeping my emotions blank until I'm sure it's true.

"Yes Ivy. This isn't your real family. You were adopted on october 6th, 2007."

"No, that's my birthday. I turned 6 that year. We had a pool party. I vividly remember it. I have eidetic memory." I even remember the horrid clown that scared me half to death and made me cry twice.

"Babe those were the fake memories planted in your brain. They weren't real. Once we gain our powers, we can unlock them. Okay?"

"So I'am adopted? You know what it does make sense. I look nothing like them and they treat me as a burden than a daughter. I even wondered it myself an awful lot but they always told me otherwise. But why didn't they simply tell me?"

"It's coz they don't know. The same witch that fake planted memories in your brain planted in theirs too. Since they are human, their memories were easily manipulated unlike yours .They were given fake birth certificates and stuff too."

I really didn't know what to do with all this information. It was too much. My memories were manipulated by some freak witches and I am adopted. I can't even think about my real parents right now because all that will break dams that I'm not ready to break yet.

I was kinda happy coz I never really did love my family. I mean I loved them due to obligation coz you were supposed to love your family but I never shared a special bond that most people share with their family.

My parents never even took me on their trips that Kaylee tagged along with every year. But I was refused everytime I asked.

I always envied Jamie and Nelson. They had perfect families. Jamie's parents were more parents to me than my own. Mr and Mrs Jacobson or Mr and Mrs J as I call them are amazing people, they are kind and down to earth. Mrs J works as a nurse in Summer Park Public Hospital and Mr J is our bio teacher. She has an older brother Bishop and yes that's his real name who lives in California with his wife.

Her family has always been there for me as long as I can remember. Mrs J has always been there to play dress up with me while Bishop and Mr J played protector, keeping boys away from me.

Nelson's parents were just as good. Though I wasn't as close to them as Jamie's parents but they were always kind to me and treated Nelson well. Since he's their only child, he's spoiled rotten.

I thought all of this to avoid thinking about my parents. Were they alive? Why did they give me up? Do they love me?

I know Jared could hear my little silent melt down so I decided to change the topic.

"So witches.. Are they real?"

"Unfortunately yes," He says it with a disgusting look on his face.

"Cool and vampires?"

"Not outside books and movies sweetheart" He laughs at me and shakes his head in amusement.

"What about werewolves?" I honestly would be disappointed if they weren't real, I've always been a sucker for werewolf romances.

"Sorry to pop your cute little bubble baby girl but no. Though certain Dravos have had the gift to shape shift but they preferred to shift into a lion or dragon. But I've heard from our elders that they exist in another dimension."

"Huh whatever," I was oddly disappointed but I didn't dwell on it. I wanted to ask him more stuff about all this but I also needed a break to think about all this.

Sensing my needs Jared smiled reassuringly and hugged me. I suddenly felt calm and protected. Like every wrong has been righted.

"You need to sleep on it love. We'll talk tomorrow after school," He kissed my cheek and let himself out while I planted myself face first on the bed and fell asleep.