Chapter-8

*Jared's POV*

I have never been this nervous in my entire life. How do I explain Ivy exactly what she is to me. She doesn't even know how special she really is. But God, she is truly amazing. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. I will never forget the moment we met or I should say re-met her, that kiss was something else.

I know that she thinks that was her first kiss. But little does she know that it wasn't. I was still her first kiss but it was years ago. She just doesn't remember it because of the spell. Our first kiss was when we were both six. And no it wasn't a 'kiss' kiss but more of a peck on the lips kiss but it meant everything to me. I've never kissed a girl other than my Ivy, I never had the desire to. She is it for me.

I really love her. I always have and always will. She is amazing, kind and understanding. And most of all she believes me.

I can hear her thoughts and I know she's a little confused, she doesn't know the truth about our legacy, our destiny. But I'll be there with her to show her.

I hated her being away from me her entire life. But we couldn't risk her life. She is destined for greatness. We are destined for greatness.

I'm really nervous. I don't know how to tell her the truth about us. But I know I have to. I'm about to say something when I hear her lovely voice.

"We are what?" She is so cute. All I want to do is kiss her senseless but I have to wait. I don't want to scare her. So instead I answer her.

"We are called dravos." pronounced as Dray-vo-se, "We are not human but we look like it. We um.. how do I explain this? Let's say humans are kind of our descendants or somewhat a similar but weaker species.

We have several powers, we are stronger, faster and more intelligent than humans. And we have magical genes to an extent but it's only fully unlocked when you meet your true solskiis. We haven't had a true solskiis in over five centuries until us."

There I said it. I told her about us being solskiis.

"Okay so let me get this straight I'm not human. I'm something called dravos. And I'm this solskiis thingy? By the way what is that?"

I chuckle at her. She doesn't even know how cute she is. She glares at me and blushes thinking I'm laughing at her. She looks even cuter with the blush.

I guess I sent that thought to her accidentally coz she hits me on my arm and says "I don't blush."

"Uh huh. Sure you don't."

"Whatever. Now tell me about this solskiis thing?"

 This is the thing I was dreading for.

"A solskiis is like a soulmate or a true mate. It is believed that we are all halves of a single soul. And our other half is like our solskiis.

Till five centuries ago, we used to be immensely powerful. We could travel through places without moving, move objects without lifting a hand and we had several magical abilities but people stopped finding their solskiis and they became as good as humans with little magic."

"How do you know if the other person is your solskiis or not?"

"Well, solskiis are born on the same day at the same time for starters. They both have a mark its like a small triangle which stands for our kind and love at the same place with a name written in it.

Also, when they touch they feel fireworks and can read each others mind. They are made for each other, two halves of a soul and once they umm have uhh.. once they have sex, their souls kinda join in a bond and they have all these abilities."

I can say that I'm now more nervous than I've ever been. Will she accept me? Accept us?

I already love her. I have since the moment we were placed in the same crib in the hospital and I laid my eyes on her. One thing about us Dravos is that we have great memory we never forget a thing from the second we are born unless the memory is blocked through magic.

I still remember that day like it was yesterday. She was so pretty in her pink baby blanket with her name stitched on it 'Rania Ivy Grace Lyon'. I fell in love with her the moment she opened her eyes and looked at me with her violet eyes.

"So you are my solskiis? coz I felt fireworks when we kissed and you can hear my thoughts but I don't have that mark you were talking about." she doesn't look angry at the situation which I take as a good sign.

"You do have the mark but it was hidden through magic for your safety. We can make it visible again if you want?" I really want to see that mark too. I haven't seen it in 15 years and I want that mark as a reassurance that she's mine. Call me a caveman but she is mine like I'm hers.

"Umm yeah sure. How do we make it visible," She bites her lips and that makes me think of kissing her again. Suddenly a plan to kiss her forms in my mind.

"Well you'll have to kiss me and think about the mark- a triangle shape with my name written in it." The kissing part isn't important we just need to be touching to complete the process but I really wanna kiss her and I know she isn't going to let me.

"Ok." She whispers so low that I almost don't hear her.

I don't hesitate and grab her. Our lips meet and I wrap my hand in her soft hair. Fireworks erupt in my body as she touches my arm kissing me back with so much passion and love. I think about my mark, which is on my wrist. It has 'Rania' written on it. I wish it had 'Ivy' coz I know if she sees it she won't believe me that it's her but someone else. Also I've always called her Ivy. She has always been my Ivy.

After an eternity passes or maybe it was a few minutes we are both out breath so we stop kissing and look at each other. She is looking at me with a slight smile and I grin so wide my cheeks hurt.

"So where is this mark now?" Her voice snaps me out of my daze.

"Oh, its on your wrist, like mine."

She examines her wrist which has the symbol with my name on it while I watch mine which is hidden under a cuff I was wearing. I remove it and look at my love's name on my wrist and to my surprise the name changes from 'Rania' to 'Ivy'. I can't believe it happened. I've never heard anything like that but I'm kinda glad. I never did call her by her first name. She was always my Ivy.

She then grabbed my left hand bringing my wrist in front of her. The action causes tingles on my skin and the fact that she willingly touched me caused tingles in my heart.

I just love this girl to death and she doesn't even know it.

After a few minutes observing. It seems like she is processing everything. She finally breaks the silence by asking.

"So wait a second. If I'm not human. Does that mean my parents and sister are Dravos too?"

Another question I was dreading. But I get that she has to know.

"No Ivy, they are completely human. The reason you are different from them is because you are adopted."

*Ivy's tattoo on the top*