come back!

Thirteen - Come back!

Serenity
mom I made it here safely

Serenity
Amsterdam is already so beautiful

Serenity couldn't believe she was really in the place she once fantasised of exploring, visiting and cherishing in person instead of online. Now that she's really here, she feels like it is a dream.

Her parents were the ones who decided she needed to go away for a few days. They're the ones who paid for her ticket to Amsterdam spontaneously, saying she needs a trip as she works too hard and they're concerned.

It'll be good for you! - they smiled.

Who even travels alone? - is what Serenity first thought when looking at her single ticket.

But now that she leaves the airport, getting into a taxi with her suitcase and backpack, she leans forward to stare out of the window, liking the fact that she's alone. Since that way she can admire the way the buildings differ from her home town, different sized windows with balconies, the tone of the city even in the gloom, the shallow street lamps reflecting on tourist's tired faces, the canal that must look elegant in the sunshine, the numerous bicycles, some with flower baskets and the scent of a place she wants to get lost in.

Serenity steps out of the taxi, taking out her suitcase and thanking the driver who nods at her, wishing her a gracious holiday.

Serenity appears too distracted as she fiddles with her suitcase, her backpack that's about to break and her phone with the route to her hotel on the screen.

She eventually arrives at the hotel and serenity feels hysteria bubbling in her stomach. The hotel isn't too fancy or expensive, it seems just right for her. The fairy lights, planted trees and free champagne at the entrance capture her attention as she wheels her suitcase to the reception desk.

She stops silently at the desk, waiting for the bickering worker to notice her in front of him. "Hi sorry- how can I help you?" He asks. The tone in his voice completely changing from aggressive to charitable.

"I've booked a hotel room-" She tells him with a smile.

"Okay please wait in the lobby, we will be with you in a second."

"O-okay." Serenity mutters and trails her small but bulky suitcase to the leather couches in the lobby. There are people all around her, talking, waiting but pleased.

She takes a seat and tries her best not to go on her phone. She wants to admire every little thing about her dream place.

Minutes later, the man at the reception desk calls her with a wave of his hand. "Miss?"

"Yes?" She hurries towards him and retrieves her keys. She thanks the man who smiles at her before going back to her luggage.

That's when Serenity realises a man walking down a wide corridor with her suitcase.

She doesn't know how to react. She's so bewildered.

Someone's stealing my suitcase. Why on earth? - she thinks to herself, gripping her hotel room keys and her eyes widen in shock when the thief starts to run.

"Oh my god, what the fuck-"

Serenity has never run so fast in her life. Her legs speed past confused and useless strangers as she chases after the bizarre man who seems to have noticed her.

She reaches the stranger at the end of the empty corridor where he's about to climb up the elegant looking stairs with her luggage. Serenity grips his shoulder, pulling him back harshly.

The adrenaline in her body paired with anxiety is ready to fight. "That's my suitcase, what are you doing?" Serenity snaps.

Her breath gets caught in her throat when she sees its Jimin.

Park Jimin.

Serenity manages to open her mouth after a few long seconds. Her heart is beating dangerously fast. "What are you doing?"

"Stealing your suitcase to get your attention."

Serenity's eyes fill up with tears when she hears his voice and takes in his appearance again. "I can't believe you're standing in front of me." She breathes out.

A khaki coloured jacket on his upper body, well fitted on his arms with a creased ivory shirt tucked into his trim trousers. His fashion sense hasn't changed. Tied brown boots and his hair is no longer pink. It's dark, dyed black with hints of hazel, soft-looking strands. Golden eyes with mischief and aspiration look back at her, seeing right through her ... As if nothing has changed after all these lost years. Plump lips holding a smile full of prosperity.

Jimin tilts his head, handing Serenity her suitcase. "Yeah, baby it's really me." He smiles.