good out of bad

Ten - Good out of bad

Why am I going? - Serenity thinks to herself as she parks her car.

She runs her hands down the steering wheel, letting out an abyssal breath before taking into account the car park, the slick gates and the groups of people standing outside. Some are feeding their urges with cigarettes, some are walking into the grand mansion with shrewd, jolly kids and birthday bags and some are taking pictures.

Serenity forces herself to step out of the car and she hesitates to take out the costly bouquet and the birthday bag from her boot. I could leave and no one would know- she thinks to herself, feeling inclined to not attend.

Then she groans with resentment. You're a grown adult! Step out of your comfort zone- the decisive side of her shouts.

So, Serenity sighs, placing the bright bag on her arm and holding the bouquet of roses, daisies and lilies securely. She feels anxious, jittery and baffled by the sight in front of her. She's questioning whether she's at the right address.

The boulder, curvy path she walks onto with slow steps, leads her to the brightly lit mansion- it makes her heart beat faster and her palms sweat. The halcyon fairy lights surround the path as it leads her to the double doors which are open to a majestic, remarkable place.

This is where Taehyung lives?

All Serenity can smell is the richness and it makes her feel odd. She feels like a complete outsider.

Her thoughts about the unwashed dishes at home come to a halt when she eyes the security guard who nods at her with a smile, eyes behind dark sunglasses and crossed, muscular arms.

Serenity's flats tap against the marble floor as she straightens out her ash dress. She has no idea where to go so she follows the group of people in front of her, leading to a lot more noise.

She walks into a massive hall with a long staircase. Golden decorations adorn the place and it's almost like a ball... Not a kid's birthday party.

Serenity's anxiety increases as she realises how she's stood alone, segregated from the crowds of happy looking people, as they all talk and laugh around her with drinks in their hands. Her eyes wander around and she smiles a little when noticing a bouncy castle with little kids everywhere.

As her tired eyes wander around the airy place, she spots him.

Taehyung.

He's stood alone, laughing at the kids on the bouncy castle. Serenity suddenly feels like he's the only one in the huge room.

His hands are clasped in front of him, a ring on a special finger he never used to have, which makes her feel warm and happy for him. He's dressed in a black and white suit that fits his vast frame, paired with polished shoes and his hair is parted beautifully, dingy strands that glimmer copper in the subdued light.

But Serenity finds it hard to take her eyes off his expression. The look on his face is unique- he really is having more happy days. Matching brown eyes slit into half-crescent moons under a pair of agreeable eyebrows, gold cheekbones high as his teeth show when he grins widely in an amusing manner.

Serenity wants to cry at the sight of the man so beautiful.

Her heart feels heavy as she musters up some courage to approach him. She's here for him and to see his son. Oh my goodness.

Serenity approaches him from behind and she's so close, she can sense so much.

Fuck it- she stands next to him, her side knocking into his.