Chapter 23: A Day For The Books pt.1

I woke up to the sweet smell of Randy's cologne. I enjoyed the moment for a while before getting out of bed to make breakfast. French toast of course. I grabbed some bread, eggs, and cinnamon out of the pantry and started making the toast. I heard footsteps and then I felt a weight come over me. Randy grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into the air.

"Smells good sweetie," he said.

"Your favorite," I replied.

He smiled and kissed my lips. "Randy you are so cute in the morning," I complimented.

"Amd you're cute all the time Brooke," he retorted causing me to smile.

I finished the food and set it in front of Randy, who was already sitting at the table."So babe today is a special day and I already have plans so I hope you didn't have anythingto do," he said.

"Oh and why is today so special?"

"It is our anniversary," e replied.

"Crap no way that's not until next week," I said.

"Uhhh no Brooke it's today." I started to choke on my drink at his words. It hit me like a bullet, I can't believe I forgot our anniversary.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'll make it up to you I promise tonight, I have some stuff that I haven't showed you yet," I added.

"It's okay and I can't wait.'

"So what are we doing today?"

"It's a surprise but I can give you a clue on the first thing and it includes maybe having a sore ass after." I smiled. What could this possibly be? I mean my mind floated to the dirty side but no it couldn't be. Hmmm I wonder.

We got into the car and drove about 20 minutes until Randy parked the car infront of a huge equestrian center. "Randy I love horses," I said hugging him. We walked in with our fingers intwined and were immediately greeted by a teenage girl with a southern accent. "Well hello there how can I help ya?" she asked.

"I called earlier to ride some horses," Randy replied.

"Ok follow me," she said leading us outside. We walked outside and I saw horse stables and a bunch of fences and beautiful greenery in the distance. "So are you guys racing or taking the scenic route today?" she asked. Her accent was so adorable.

"Sceneic," Randy responded.

"Okay you are going to go over there and sign in and they should give you your horses," she said pointing towards a wooden stand. We walked over there and I signed us both in and a man brought us into a stable where we got our horses. Mine was Sugar and his was Kane. Randy looked so small on the horse and he is a pretty big guy, I mean 6'4 is not short. "Never thought I'd see you riding bareback on Kane,' I joked causing him to chuckle.

We started to go down the trail and it was wonderful there was so much greenery and even a couple other animals in there. "Randy this is beautiful I love you,' I said looking over to him.

"The day's not over and I love you too," he said blowing me a kiss. We finished the trail and he was right, "Randy my butt is sore," I joked.

"But it's worth it right."

We got back into the car and I kissed his cheek. "So where are we going now?" I asked.

"Somewhere with sand," he replied.

"The beach?" I asked.

He nodded and put his hand on my lap. "I love the beach, especially with you," I said.

"Yeah I loved the last time we went to the beach."

"Randy you are so different from your on screen appearance. On screen you are so cold and cruel but offscreen you are so dreamy and romantic."

"I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or insult," he joked. I punched his shoulder making him giggle. We pulled into the beaches parking lot and surprisingly there weren't as many people again.

I like the beach without many people because it's quieter and you don't have a million eyes on you.

I got out of the car and grabbed a blanket from the trunk while Randy grabbed a picnic basket he had hid from me. "Oh sneaky are we," I played.

"Well I didn't want you to suspect anything," he replied.

We chose a spot that was practically empty there was really no one near us. I only saw a couple people jogging every now and then.

I set out the blanket and Randy started setting out the picnic which had just salad.

"A healthy lunch choice but are we gonna share it?" I asked pointing to the wimpy salad that was for a 2 year old.

"Wait there's more," he said dialing a number on his phone. I heard music play and there was two guys that came out giving us plates of pasta and bread.

"Well I can honestly say I've never had pasta on the beach," I said.

"What about wine?" he asked pointing to a woman that was walking towards is with a wine bottle and two glass cups. "I love you!" I shouted kissing him.

"I love you too babe," he replied grabbing my hand and rubbing it with his thumb. His touch sent tingles up and down my spine

We finished our food talking about how wonderful this date was. Afterwards someone came over and picked up our trash and our plates and took the music so it was just me, Randy, and the blanket we were sitting on.

Randy and I scooted so we were sitting next to eachother and I rested my head on his shoulder. "This is beautiful Randy and I'm glad I got to spend it with you."

"Brooke you mean the world to me in fact you are my universe there is never a minute that goes by that I'm not thinking about you."

I awed at his words and kissed his cheek. He stood up and dusted himself of all the sand and what he did next shocked me.

.....................

Be sure to read my new book. VICTIM OF THE VIPERS LOVE!