1 ~ Unfeelingly

Your Name : Mae Soon

////

     When your best friend is popular, your popular. You get invited to all of the parties, the hangouts, sit at the popular lunch table, and even gain more friends. But there is the drama that comes with it. That's my life. High school changed everything once my best friend, Marie, made the varsity cheerleading team freshman year. Every girl envied her and every guy wanted to be with her. Throughout my years of school, I stuck by her side like a shadow of a car. I moved forward and back with her but she had control of everything.

     When I said I gained more friends after Marie became popular, I also had a few boyfriends of my own. Although, the longest relationship I had struck me hard in the heart after my breakup with him. Park Jinyoung. I loved him. I love him. I haven't stopped since we broke up. He was one of my first friends in high school after Marie became the queen bee. I trusted him and he was one of my closest guy friends. A week ago, he broke up with me for unknown reasons. I've been hiding my tears and broken heart from Marie and my friend group. What's even better is that his friend group is friends with my friend group so I still have to see him every day and talk to him.

"Jinyoung-ah!" Liz shouts as she hits his arm while the rest of the group is laughing. I blink out of my daze and start laughing with the rest of my friends, pretending I understood the joke. "You're not supposed to tell anyone about that!" Liz yells again.

"It's not my fault you still play Minecraft!" Jinyoung starts chuckling, spreading his laughter throughout the group again. I stare at Jinyoung's beautiful face as his face brightens and his eyes smile.

"I'm literally going to ask mom and dad to disown you again." Liz scoffs and rolls her eyes as I smile at her joke.

"Hey guys!" Mark greets while high fiving his friend group, known as GOT7. I stare at Mark as he smiles and says hi to everyone. His arm is around Marie's. He's probably Marie's next boy toy. I roll my eyes and then stare at the floor.

"Mae!" Marie calls me, forcing me to look up at her. Marie has her regular resting bitch face and folds her arms as she speaks, not even caring that she moved out of Mark's touch. I notice the disappointed look on Mark's face and frown. "Take me to the office." She says as she locks her arm around mine and departs us from the group.

"Why are we going to the office?" I question as I walk quickly with her as she drags me down the hall.

"I want to run for class president." I stare at her with a shocked expression and unhook my arm from her once we arrive at the office. That's a huge responsibility to fill.

"What?" I ask.

"Class president." She beams. "Why are you acting like that?" I try to hide my confused look and clear my throat.

"It's... It's going to be pretty hard to beat Sam Kim." I think fast and stutter as I speak. I mean it's true, Sam Kim has done a great job with our class for the past two years. I would be surprised if Marie won.

"I know. It's a challenge." Marie says as she walks into the office. I sigh as I watch her stroll in with confidence just like how she does in everything else. She's perfect. She gets everything and anything without even doing anything. Well, maybe she's not perfect despite her morals and personality. I shake my head as I watch her walk out with a grin.

"Are we done here?" I ask as I lift an eyebrow.

"After school, be in the art room and help me make posters." Marie orders me and walks away without even saying goodbye. I shake my head again and sigh as I make my way to my next class.

////

     When I walk through the art room doors, my eyes first turn to Jinyoung. He is sitting at a table with Mark, Liz, and Marie. I sigh and quietly walk over to the table without making a noise. My heart starts beating fast as I take my seat in between Liz and Mark. I notice they're all touching up Marie's campaign posters.

"Hey!" I say softly and start to help as I grab some markers. I should've seen it coming when Marie invited me to help her. Of course, she would invite Jinyoung. She shipped Jinyoung and me very hard. She loved us together. She cried when we broke up which was pretty weird.

"Mae, can you go get more printouts from the printer at the office?" Marie asks, not even looking up from the poster. I stare at her refusingly and scoff.

"I'll go." Mark offers.

"No, I asked Mae." Marie says, still not even looking at me.

"Fine." I say. "Anything for my best friend." I give her a small smile that she didn't see because her eyes are glued to the poster. I stand up after sitting for forty seconds and exit the art room.

     A few steps later, I hear someone running behind me. Jinyoung? I question. Usually, when Marie is acting like a bitch to me, Jinyoung runs after me. I look behind me and see an unexpected face. Mark?

"Hey!" Mark catches his breath which makes me stop walking and look at him. "You forgot your phone." Mark hands me my phone as I carefully eye him.

"Why did you run to give me my phone?" I ask as I stare at him.

"I really wanted to get out of that room." Mark smirks as he runs his fingers through his hair. I smile as I watch him.

"Thanks." I say and start walking again but hear footsteps following. I turn back around to see Mark following me. "Why are you following me?"

"I really wanted to get out of that room." Mark says and walks beside me. "She's such a bitch."

"You noticed." I say.

"But I love her." Mark says. I almost barf as those words fall out of his mouth.

"Love?" I question as we turn a corner.

"I don't know. She's bizarre. One day she loves me, one day she pretends I'm not there." Mark says. "She always criticizes me but I still love her."

"What spell are you under?" I joke.

"Isn't she your best friend?" Mark asks.

"Yes, I love her too I guess but that's because..." My voice trails off as I try to think of a reason. Why is she my best friend still? "I've known her my whole life I guess." I say and become quiet.

"Can you help me get her to like me?" Mark begs. I sigh as I watch his poor soul surrender himself for Marie. How do I tell him that their relationship is temporary?

"I don't know." I sigh. I get caught off guard when Mark takes my hands and presses me against the wall. He breathes down my neck and presses his body against mine.

"Please!" Mark pleads. I stare into his eyes and feel my body begin to melt. Our moment is interrupted by a gasp. We both turn to see Jinyoung looking at us with a shocked face. I push Mark off me and try to straighten out myself. Jinyoung clears his throat and quickly looks away from us as he speaks.

"Marie's getting impatient." Jinyoung says quickly and walks away.

     I exhale deeply, not even realizing I was holding my breath for that long. I sigh and glance up at Mark as I try to process what happened. I shake my head and run my fingers through my hair. I clear my throat and look down at the floor.

"I'll go get the posters now." I say and quicken my pace to the office and away from Mark.

A/N:

Hopefully you guys liked my first chapter

More drama to come!!!